Hobart, Tas, wooden boat festival

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Alan

Hobart, Tas, wooden boat festival

Postby Alan » 12 Nov 2018, 21:22

For those considering heading down next Feb, Jetstar has a sale on now still some at $45

Reklaw

Re: Hobart, Tas, wooden boat festival

Postby Reklaw » 21 Nov 2018, 20:03

I'm a bit late, but, thanks Al.
Who is going this time? Looks like I'll be there.

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 03 Dec 2018, 11:52

Ahoy all!!

The program to the festival which starts on Friday 8 FEB 2019 is out, you can find it and other interesting stuff at australianwoodenboatfestival.com.au then go to the news link.

The usual hospitality is offered to financial members, and I will have room for 8 to 10 people on Tomboy for the parade of sail which starts at 12 noon on the Friday, so far Bob Carter is in poll position!!!

Throughout the festival we will be out and about doing the A, B and the SHHHH tour (innovation thanks to Ray!) Weather permitting I also hope to have Torea out and about strutting her stuff and maybe, just maybe the Hydro, but that is really testing the weather gods!!! Since my return after the trip its been winter here, today its 14 with a nice mix of rain and wind!

To be continued, Captain Cruzy river cruises!

Alan

Postby Alan » 03 Dec 2018, 14:55

Looking forward to catching up Chivs, all booked for the trip and waiting almost patiently for the Tassie summer (warmer snow).

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 04 Dec 2018, 21:43

Young Carol and I are heading over on the ferry for a cross border raid. looking forward to catching up again

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 05 Dec 2018, 13:06

Rayza, are you and "Pink Bits" towing the van or slumming it at North Hobart Villas?

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 06 Dec 2018, 20:51

Slumming it Chivs, bringing my crappy old ute to cart a boat back!

Darren

Postby Darren » 07 Dec 2018, 18:58

We are planning to visit again this time with our new found things called "Weekends"
I think it will be Liz, Mia and myself at this stage, no flights booked as yet.
So, not sure if we are cruising the Derwent with the Captain yet, will be at Fat's on the Sat night tho, if Sara's not too sick of us.

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 04 Jan 2019, 07:22

Ahoy all!

The organisers have sent out various instructions and information for the up coming event.

This link may interest you, www.australianwoodenboatfestival.com.au/directory/

There you will find the list of participating boats displayed afloat and ashore.

Afloat I can see only one boat I have not seen before which relates to the clubs style, Betty coming from South Australia.

Ashore there are a few including an 1940's Chris Craft called Chris Craft. Tomboy has raced against this boat back in the day and I have a photo of her that I have tried to attach but!? This boat much to many's dismay was left outside in the elements at the Royal Yacht Club at Sandy Bay in Hobart for 30 years or more? When I last saw it I am surprised that any one could restore it let alone pick it up off its solid steel cradle with railway wheels without it falling apart. If the photo does not attach I will send to Grag and see what his magic can do!

For those that have never been the list gives you an idea of what it's about, mainly sail and dinghy' with very few runabouts which what we are about.

Cheers

Darren

Postby Darren » 07 Jan 2019, 23:47

I have booked flights and will be out for the Friday Cruise unfortunately.
Fly in on Friday evening, will be staying around this time to join in the Monday events though :D
More than happy to steer a craft in the Monday races, if they are still on. (if required)
Darren

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”