Creator

Re: Bulletin board disaster.

Postby Greg » 07 Aug 2017, 15:30

Cheers Andy

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 07 Aug 2017, 16:59

Looking for motivation Andy!!!????

How about getting me up on one ski at Narrandera behind Classique before I turn 60, that gives you 4 and a bit years, hopefully less because I am about past it, but still willing to have a go.

You know it makes sense, stop over thinking it and just do the mother.

Captain motivator!

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 07 Aug 2017, 19:04

Hi Chris,good to hear your voice again. I am inspired,been collecting tools and machines for boat building. Unfortunately most of Classiques structure has gone into the wood heater as kindling.I am back to where it was 2 years back,some timely advice from some members on here has set me in a new direction.The steel for the hard frame will be delivered tomorrow and once the changes are made it will be time to buy the timber once again.I fully intend to start a thread on the rebuild in the hope it will liven up the forum somewhat so I look forward to everyone's advice and input.
Andy

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 07 Aug 2017, 21:01

Yep some blogs dont have pictures on them anymore.

Darren

Postby Darren » 08 Aug 2017, 00:11

Geez Andrew,
A steel framed butterbox, WOW looking forward to these pics!
LOL
Darren

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 08 Aug 2017, 09:34

Yeah son, Just replacing the aluminium ribs in the sides of it with steel because it is easier to weld steel in situ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 08 Aug 2017, 10:41

You're right Andy. I used Photobucket for pics on this forum because on some other forums there is no choice, you have to use an image hosting mob. In my spare time (Ha!) I'll go back and redo some of the pics that have now disappeared.
BobW

WoodRay

Bulletin board

Postby WoodRay » 09 Feb 2019, 05:47

Just reviving this post with regard to comments in the newsletter as to whether this forum has passed it's used by date.
Personally I hope note. This and other similar forums are an invaluable and accessible information base for the history and maintenance of our boats.
Facebook is next to useless when it comes to trying to find past info in posts. It's a better communication tool, but that's it. There are also quite a few that don't have Facebook. Maybe an alternative is needed there to cover those people we wish to attract.

I personally would hate to see this forum close. I'm sure once a few more builds pop up over winter it will liven up again. As is with my car club, we combine the both and cross link posts to each site. If someone is looking for specific info we post a link to the forum. Facebook for all the talking/chat/funny's stuff. Our forum is more for builds, and for the technical and historic info that can be easily tabled and referenced in that format.

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 09 Feb 2019, 10:53

I am with you Craig, it would be sad to see the demise of the Forum however it has taken me 3 days to log on. For some reason, about every 6 months or so I get the wrong password message at login. Greg and Alan have both helped me back in recently. I just wonder if past users have experienced the same and just given up as I have in the past.Good write up you did for the newsletter, great to see a bit of different material to perve on.There are some mighty fine tow vehicles lurking within the club, as you say, the 2 interests combine so well . Hey Ray, Vanguard motor for sale at Albury this morning, $75 Aus dollars, will double the value of someone's project !!!!

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 10 Feb 2019, 07:57

Ahoy and totally agree with Craig and Andy!!!!

My first comment is, what face book sites???? The ones I have joined are the sites other members are on, all they do is promote up coming events and boats for sale, no personal stories which I think is our bread butter but seldom used.

My second comment is, (and I am repeating myself) I am a regular contributor but have pretty much stopped due to the lack of feedback/communication by all. I feel that perhaps everyone is sick of my poo, an example is I would have posted wooden boat highlights by now but personally lacked motivation now!!

Andy re Razor, he is too busy loading another project onto his ute from the Pidgeon, the President was there taking photos so I assume it might be a good story to read in the next Log???

Dont hold your breath, see you on the river! Cheers

Return to “Main Room”