NIGHTMARE

All things general in here
habits

Re: NIGHTMARE

Postby habits » 09 Mar 2015, 11:38

Hi Ken I think Nightmare may of been called Promethius when it was built and powered by a ford if I am right was built by Keith for a guy by the name of Ray Shaw he was a member of the MRSBC in the 70s I recon built around 72 Ray sold it to bloke in Geelong Graham Stewart he called it Ah Gee and was painted the same colour it is now if I am right a bit of history for you.
Regards Phil

RightyO

Postby RightyO » 09 Mar 2015, 12:24

Phil i was going to name it R Gee as i knew Ray Wolfendon , Graham Stewart drove for him and later for Neil Northfield . I assumed the new simpkins R Gee was Rays . I only changed to Nightmare as i was told it was the original name . I wish now that i had stayed with my original idea .
Ken

habits

Postby habits » 09 Mar 2015, 14:12

Hi Ken that's bad luck I thought Bluey owned it they had another one before that it was a mid mount of the same name which was also green think it was the old Kay-t I cant remember the owners name Wolfy was good old bloke his son later on drove a boat called Conquista owned by Graham Lawrence certainly got the old memories going now they were good days.Last I heard of Neil Northfeild he was living in Oaklands but I wouldn't think he is still with us he would be a good age.
Midnight was always green from when it was built if it the boat I think it is .

RightyO

Postby RightyO » 04 Dec 2015, 11:00

I processed all the advice from the Narrandra get together and decided to start with the basics ,I removed the exhast manifolds and did a compression check .Allo Allo ,7 cylinders were spot on but number 4 had about 10 psi . I removed the head and it all looked great but when i removed the valves from it I discovered that number 4 exhaust valve must have been the one sitting opened for twenty years and the valve seat was badely rusted the valve itself was like new . I have picked the head up today they fitted a new insert and reseated the valve . I know i should have removed the valves and checked when i had the heads off the first time . As usual i learn most things the hard way.

Return to “Main Room”