Engine upgrade

For when it's not really wooden speed boat related
Greg
Creator

Engine upgrade

Postby Greg » 14 Jun 2013, 21:32

I was thinking about upgrading the Holden in Impact and was looking around for some ideas. I was wondering if a set up like this would make me more competitive at Goolwa next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxyGu9booA

Chivs

Re: Engine upgrade

Postby Chivs » 14 Jun 2013, 22:40

I think they need Mrs Price help there?

On that clip on that water Jupiter would give it a run and if you got Impact going like it did with the crumpet + peanut butter + tomato eating phantom who drives others skiffs Mr Walker did for those two laps it would also embarrass that!

PS I take it Impact is off the market? Yes shock horror boys, at Goolwa Greg had a for sale sign on Impact, I have the photographic evidence! Hopefully he has changed his mind!

Roll on summer, cheers.

Alan

Postby Alan » 15 Jun 2013, 00:08

I was thinking it needed something like this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ELrW-W0plg

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 15 Jun 2013, 00:48

Now that looked just like Jupiter, except with a capsule!

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 15 Jun 2013, 12:23

This should make you competitive Greg and would look good too.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/angle-va ... 011521794#

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 16 Jun 2013, 12:01

Greg, the only problem that I can see would be lack of vision 'cause in a skiff you sit behind the engine. Perhaps you'd have to stand on the seat to drive the thing. Still, would generate quite a bit of interest.

Chivs, thanks for the big wrap up buddy. Actually, this gourmet breakfast eating, skiff driving person has moved up the food chain a bit (but only regarding the driving that is) and took control of the cruise ship for a while on the Danube. There's a pic below, was even promoting CAWPBA by wearing my T Shirt. Maybe that's how I got to have a drive. And ..... I didn't even break it !!
The ship did run aground at one stage, but I wasn't in control, the Pilot was. Yep, the person who knows that bit of water better than anyone else in the world managed to run the ship up on the rocks. Damaged two propellers and buggered the gearbox oil seal. They put it in dry dock next day and fixed it, then we headed off again.

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 16 Jun 2013, 19:36

Nice work Bob! Did Mrs Price travel with you, you know got the boat going the next day?

Cheers mate

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 24 Jun 2013, 20:16

After seeing the pic of a member wearing a club T shirt at the helm of a cruise ship it has got me thinking of a bit of a competition. We can post photo's of people wearing club shirt's in unusual locations. Anything for a bit of fun! Ray

hookster

Postby hookster » 25 Jul 2013, 09:28

Count me in on that challenge Ray. Does it matter if all we're wearing is the actual T-shirt? I do have a size XS on hand to come to think of it.

He Bob, was that cruise as big of an adrenalin rush as I'm led to believe they are? You adrenaline junkies are all the same, you just don't know when to slow down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How did the big girl handle the rapids? Did she get any "air time"? Bet there was some awesome crumpet on board too :geek: :geek: :geek:

Darren

Postby Darren » 25 Jul 2013, 11:06

Hooks, I reckon a childs size one should cover you :lol:

As long as Bob's "crumpet" comes with tomato and peanut butter!

Darren

Return to “Off Topic”