Wanted - Classic style windscreen mounts!

Looking for that hard to get item? Put the word out here.
Whitey

Wanted - Classic style windscreen mounts!

Postby Whitey » 09 Jun 2010, 17:00

Hello All,
I'm currently doing up a mid 60's Everingham with a 272 y block which is going great, but I'm a bit sick of wearing any wave bigger than 15 cms on my lap over the bow. I really like the look of the classic windscreens, but realise they are getting scarce. I've missed out on a few sets on ebay from the USA especially with the postage and falling dollar it makes it harder. I have seen them in "classicboathardware.com" but thought I'd ask around locally first.
Does anybody know of someone with a set sitting around for a boat, that probably will never be restored that they are willing to part with. Any help is greatly appreciated. Attached is some photos of the ones I mean that I have saved from other adds.
Cheers
Whitey
Attachments
everyingham windscreen3.jpg
everyingham windscreen3.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 4936 times
windscreen mounts4.jpg
windscreen mounts4.jpg (33.29 KiB) Viewed 4941 times
windscreen mounts.jpg
windscreen mounts.jpg (20.62 KiB) Viewed 4927 times

Johno

Re: Wanted - Classic style windscreen mounts!

Postby Johno » 12 Jul 2010, 13:08

Try duckflat boats SA they had some moulded and were in stock some time back
www.duckflatwoodenboats.com
John

T-Bird

Postby T-Bird » 05 Aug 2010, 13:12

Hi Whitey

I am not offering a solution to your windscreen, but am curious as to where you got the photo of the boat. The boat is called Thunderbird and I own it and have done since about March 2010. At the moment its being rejuvenated and is in a thousand pieces.

I am trying to piece together its history. Any info would help.

Good luck with finding a screen!

Thanks - Russ

Whitey

Postby Whitey » 09 Aug 2010, 15:38

Gents,
Thanks for the replies. I have scored a complete set including perspex and currently fitting them.

Russ, I saved that photo from ebay, probably about then, is that where you bougt her from? Mine is the same everingham running a 272 y block, just without a windscreen hence I saved the picture to give me ideas of what to look for. Good luck with your resto.

Cheers
Whitey

Return to “Wanted”