Everingham clinker ply Dodge 6 cyl offers over $4000

Stuff for sale (CAWPBA members) and then some
hookster

Everingham clinker ply Dodge 6 cyl offers over $4000

Postby hookster » 29 Jun 2011, 16:34

Hi everyone, another boat is for sale in the Northern Vic area. I have had a look at it and it is as follows:

Everingham clinker ply, 16 feet long, hull stripped back ready for varnish, and ply looks in extremely good condition. The boat is currently upside down so I couldn't get a really good look at the deck, but what I could see looked pretty good. There does not appear to be any rot. The boat comes with the original trailer which is also in good condition for age. Dodge 6 cyl with twin carbies (believed to be original motor) is included, and the motor was running prior to the boat being stripped for restoration (40 psi oil pressure). All running gear is included (prop shaft, rudder gear, engine mounts still in place, instruments etc) The only blemish on the hull was a repair to two planks under the bow where it looks like the boat has contacted the front of the trailer at some stage. Repair looks well done.

The boat is owned by an older bloke who rarely answers the phone, so anyone interested will have to call me so I can organise how to get you in touch with him. He is serious about only accepting offers over $4000. I will post some photos below, and may be able to get more on request. So, if interested, ring me on 0418 584448 or email me impalass67@bigpond.com - Jon.
everingham 1.jpg
everingham 1.jpg (27.97 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
everingham 2.jpg
everingham 2.jpg (21.24 KiB) Viewed 4948 times
boat photos 021.jpg
boat photos 021.jpg (54.32 KiB) Viewed 4944 times

ikoolmarz

Re: Everingham clinker ply Dodge 6 cyl offers over $4000

Postby ikoolmarz » 30 Jun 2011, 17:59

G/day all . i looked at this clinker at Easter time.
i was taking Hustler up to Narrandera for the rod run . had a ball
the owner pulled me up at a servo in Shepperton told me he had a Lewis clinker
for sale , went & had a look . very nice condition . told me, it raced in South Australia
said it had all the paper work and info on it . made an offer . was happy with offer
couldnt find the paper work, went back home, confirmed it wasnt a lewis
but a very nice project indeed . came home with an early 60s seacraft
runnin a 289 windsor instead . nice condition hope to have ready for Narrandera
this year hopefully bring up both. :D

hookster

Postby hookster » 30 Jun 2011, 18:40

Ikoolmarz that would be the same boat. He told me it was an Everingham. I don't know enough about them to know what it is, so I only go on what I'm told. See you in Nerrandera then...call through Yarrawonga on the Friday if that fits in with your plans and we'll get a convoy or posse going or whatever you call it.

hookster

Postby hookster » 06 Jul 2011, 09:52

I do now have more photos, but my computer is slow as a week in Tassie at the moment. The owner does have some 'paperwork' to go with the boat, exactly what that paperwork is I'm not sure because I haven't seen it. He also indicated the boat may actually be a Botterill(?). It came from SA, and was called 'ESKIMO'

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 06 Jul 2011, 14:13

With a name like that it probably belongs in Tassie as well! The weather here is very cool, are you back over here Greg?

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 07 Jul 2011, 15:15

No Chris. Why? Is it snowing?
Greg

scotto

Postby scotto » 07 Jul 2011, 23:36

Hey All, Looking at the photos posted so far, I don't think it's a BOTTERILL,but I'd be more than happy if I'm wrong... The trailer is definitily not an original Botterill built, they were nearly all made from standard steel water pipe round tube. The Dodge motors were real common in the Botterill boats too, I'm told by the old man that there were heaps of them available after world war 2 new in their crates from USA disposals.
The Botterill runabout CORSAIR that I'm working on now has the original Dodge 6 in it too but I dont know enough about them yet.

This is pretty cool this board I enjoy reading it so I gotta work out posting photos bit...

SCOTTO

Return to “Do You Need This?”