Everingham

Stuff for sale (CAWPBA members) and then some
rayza1

Re: Everingham

Postby rayza1 » 29 May 2011, 21:52

Nah Brian, i think thats my place. Way too many boats, cars and trailers. I had a play with Taurus today, lot more damage than i thought. 2 top planks on the starboard side and the top plank on the port side as well as a new transom and deck including framework. Found a good copper nail !!!! (Is that enough to rebuild a boat from?) Ray

Paul SA

Postby Paul SA » 29 May 2011, 22:37

At the moment i think it is up to 11 boats and as you say you cant stop at one its not a hobbie its a desease and i am sorry to say with no cure ;)
Paul

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 29 May 2011, 22:49

yep ray i think thats plenty to start with. you just gotta have a vision and you have a boat. sounds like every other project with the work you are going to have to do. dont forget to ask if you need a hand. my skiff is probably in the same condition as what you have just discribed.

i agree paul. i hope they never cure the disease although once i have my boats completed i will not be doing anymore for a while. i cant wait to get into my skiff and get it running. im more excited about that then my new boat ive started. 11 is a nice number to have if you have the room. you should have a south oz get together and it would be one of the biggest yet :lol:

anyway we will have to have a chat at nerrandera as its been a few years since ive seen you.

hookster

Postby hookster » 30 May 2011, 13:58

I have obtained some high resolution photos from the owner of this boat. The hull is actually coated in fibreglass then like a gel coat over that. I'd probably prefer just straight timber, is this fibreglass coating ok or what :x ? Any ideas anyone? All that aside, the motors look like :?: they'll need a heap of work too, head's have been off, one is totally crusted and shot I'd say. All the other bits seem to be there though. Oh, the coating on the hull has not been continued around onto the outside of the transom, is it hard to continue that stuff on from an older section of the stuff? :cry: Thanks, Jon.

scotto

Postby scotto » 31 May 2011, 20:24

Hey Paul, DESEASE, An abnormal condition... I think i caught the bloody thing off you !!!

Scott

scotto

Postby scotto » 31 May 2011, 20:27

Paul, Also the good Doctor told me its infectious.. so lookout to any single wooden boat owners!!!

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 07 Jun 2011, 20:21

Return to “Do You Need This?”