Old school Hydroplane

Stuff for sale (CAWPBA members) and then some
Chivs

Old school Hydroplane

Postby Chivs » 01 Jun 2023, 21:49

Quickly Too is a 16 ft 6 inch x 7 ft 4 inch DeSilva design hydroplane that is being sold as "turn key" ready to go!
It has a strong Rover 3.5 V 8, custom travel cover and solid in very good condition dual wheel trailer. I am after offers around $13,000.
If you are serious about this boat please check out the Nostalgia page on this web site. Scroll down to Tasmanain Hydroplanes and you will see a brief history of Quickly Too.
Further, if you go to the Main Room on the bulletin board and scroll down to "A Tasmanain Experience " you will find my restoration story of the boat starting at page 39.
I have posted videos of the boat underway on the CAWPBA Facebook page, but if you can't find them I am happy to forward videos to interested potential buyers, cheers.

Chivs

Re: Old school Hydroplane

Postby Chivs » 26 Jun 2023, 19:20

Quickly Too has been sold pending money and boat changing hands!! I will let the new owner tell you it’s new home/destination on the north Island, cheers

DaveD

Re: Old school Hydroplane

Postby DaveD » 24 Dec 2023, 20:55

Quickly Too was kindly brought across from Tassie to South Australia and is now owned by my father Gary, who'd always wanted a rear seater Hydro.
We've taken her out a couple of times and I did a few laps at Goolwa, she certainly goes well.
Thanks again Chris.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 7029481599

Return to “Do You Need This?”