Old bondwood I found in my uncles shed

Any questions? We will try and help.
DannyW

Old bondwood I found in my uncles shed

Postby DannyW » 29 Jan 2012, 13:25

various uncles have owned this over the years but it was eventually left in a shed for many years and was for sale nice and cheep. It has alot of issues but over all its in decent condition for its age, It now has a 202 red motor in it but did have a holden grey motor. I am not sure who made it, I assume it was a home built boat as I cannot find any markings on it what so ever so far. Anyone have a clue what it might be ?

rayza1

Re: Old bondwood I found in my uncles shed

Postby rayza1 » 29 Jan 2012, 21:31

If i didn't know better i'd say it's the same as mine (Wooden Worry) and Brians, Do you have any piccies from behind? We've come to the conclusion they MAY be a Boesch design although i've heard them called different things !! So now you should be completely confused. cheers Ray

DannyW

Postby DannyW » 30 Jan 2012, 02:16

haha yea when I head back out to york next I will take a few new photos.

DannyW

Postby DannyW » 30 Jan 2012, 02:49

Oh and would you know where I can get a new boss kit for these old steering shafts with the taper ? mine has some odd really wide 6 bolt pattern on it and I can't find a wheel that will fit it

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 30 Jan 2012, 21:54

I got a taper shaft steering boss from supercheap of all places, they dont always have them on the shelf but they can usually order one in. cheers Ray

DannyW

Postby DannyW » 30 Jan 2012, 23:09

yea I had a look through our old collection at Auto one when I worked there, not a small shop by any means but there was only one that had the right taper but didnt protrude enough to put the pin through it but I guess if its tight enough on the taper its not going to slip anyway so may go have a look at it again, it doesnt take the new SAAS wheels like I want it to but my old leather wheel with kangaroo emblem should fit it. fingers crossed

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 05 Feb 2012, 07:14

great looking old boat .hopefully you ,or some one else can restore it. love to see these old slab side boats working

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”