Boat names

Any questions? We will try and help.
tommo

Boat names

Postby tommo » 12 Jan 2012, 15:21

Ahoy All, Can anyone tell me if there is any rules to changing a boats name? My runabout is called "Old Age" which i can not warm too,does the boat builder name the boat or the purchaser, any way as long as it does not disturb the Gods of Wood and Water cheer's Peter.

antique-boatique

Re: Boat names

Postby antique-boatique » 12 Jan 2012, 16:25

There are many superstitions regarding renaming of boats but it really is a case of what suits you. I would not rename a boat that has a history of championships or famous because of its previous owner but I was happy to use a name I preferred. There are many championship boats that have had several names.

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 12 Jan 2012, 19:24

before you upset neptune and his minions go to http://www.boatnames.com.au/boat-naming ... ngceremony and follw this ceremony ,this wy you remove all bad omens from the old name and the new name is placed on neptunes register deleting the ol name

tommo

Postby tommo » 13 Jan 2012, 22:24

ARRRH Me HArtys, Thanks for the info lads printed it out, am know in the man cave with reading material and a couple bots of red with some sea weed to appease the gods while i take it all in cheers peter 8-)

reddwarf

Postby reddwarf » 18 Jan 2012, 21:40

no worries glad to be of help , having flown over in various aircraft and sailed over the equator in warships as well as been over under the surface ina submarine i can tell you old nepttune can get a little agro when his words arent followed :twisted: :evil: :!:

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”