12 ft skiff prop and engine

Any questions? We will try and help.
fatpigeon

12 ft skiff prop and engine

Postby fatpigeon » 09 Oct 2011, 19:43

Hi all

I have a 12ft skiff (photos and intro to be done soon) in need of a propeller.
Running a ford 1600 engine at about 6500 to 7500 revs.

Any suggestions of size , cost and where I can source a couple of Race props would be great.

Also , if any happens to have a Ford 1600 (Kent 711 engine block) complete race engine commonly found on Historic Formula ford race cars, stashed away somewhere I would like to hear from you.

Regards

Stuart ;)

Chivs

Re: 12 ft skiff prop and engine

Postby Chivs » 09 Oct 2011, 20:07

Ahoy Stuart, good to see you are getting active, where the bloody hell does fat pigeon come from? If you are game to post this information I have a two bladed prop I scored with a motor I got years ago which came off a 15 foot skiff which you are welcome to have if it is suitable?

Regards Chris

fatpigeon

Postby fatpigeon » 11 Oct 2011, 17:05

Thanks Chris

Fatpigeon is the result of a cheeky 10 year old son. I was trying to think of a name for a zodiac inflatable boat I own, my son Max suggested "fatpigeon" as the boat was quite plump and wide, he also suggested The name would complement it's owner. I said to Max "that's a bit harsh" his response, " have you looked in the mirror lately dad?" And the legend of Fatpigeon was born.

I hope the embarrassment of sharing this provokes some response to my propeller question.

It has been suggested to me that a 9 x 13 (2 blade) would be about right?

Stuart

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 11 Oct 2011, 20:23

Nice one Stuart! The bad news is, kids around 10 years old have not really learned to lie, so he is probably telling you the truth :P

Re the prop, my expertise stops at telling you its got two blades! I will contact you next week re a convenient time to drop it off mate.

Best regards, Chris.

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”