modifiy sump 350 chev

Any questions? We will try and help.
bsa

modifiy sump 350 chev

Postby bsa » 19 Apr 2009, 15:07

hi guys, all new to this boat thing
I am putting a 350 chev in my boat with a dog clutch on timing cover,
Will i have to modifiy the sump due to the angle and if so how do i go about this??

Woodside

Re: modifiy sump 350 chev

Postby Woodside » 19 Apr 2009, 19:12

Hi For me this was the milion dollar question when i was doing my boat, I modifed the sump on my 202 twice. At first i cut the base off the sump then worked out what size and angle base i had to fabricate that would fit in the hull then mated it up to the remaining sump flange. (i just tig welded it back together) Then i added some baffels inside the sump to slow the oil from running away fron the pick up (especily on take off). This worked well but i then had to re position the oil pick up slightly (not everyone has to do this but it made a huge difference with my engine. Also remember if you increase the size of your sump you will most probably have to add more oil than the engine normaly takes. It took me a while to to get this rite but in saying that i know lots of people who just run everything standard an have no trouble what so ever.

Batesy

Postby Batesy » 19 Apr 2009, 21:52

Drop into your nearest marine parts shop and have a look at some of the off the shelf ones. You may even be able to get some pictures of pro made ones on the net. I don' think that they are that expensive - maybe around $300.

LindsayA

Postby LindsayA » 24 Apr 2009, 15:59

Hi

On Ebay a modified sump to suit a chev. Soory no link but here is the description it is listed under.
"ski boat centre mount water cooled high v chev sb sump"

Lindsay

LindsayA

Postby LindsayA » 24 Apr 2009, 16:00

Hi

On Ebay a modified sump to suit a chev. Soory no link but here is the description it is listed under.

Lindsay

LindsayA

Postby LindsayA » 24 Apr 2009, 16:00

Hi

Lindsay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ski-boat-centre-mount-water-cooled-high-v-chev-sb-sump_W0QQitemZ250407537176QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item250407537176&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Last edited by Greg on 24 Apr 2009, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link entered

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”