carbie float levels

Any questions? We will try and help.
rayza1

carbie float levels

Postby rayza1 » 13 Dec 2010, 21:10

Hi guys, i have a small problem that i'm sure someone out there has come across before. Had Wooden Worry out for some more R&D at Pykes this afternoon, finally have the water pump issues sorted, with the temp holding between 60 and 80. While i was chucking some laps i hit some fairly big wake at speed and the carby started playing up, flooding and stuff. Motor wouldn't idle and became very difficult to start. This happened to the first carby i had on it but i thought i was a recoing fault.
The carbies are standard stomburgs. Any help greatly appreciated. By the way Pykes is full to the brim, and not that many boats (at least tonight).

Alan

Re: carbie float levels

Postby Alan » 13 Dec 2010, 22:50

Ray,
have a work shop manual if you want to have a look/play. Most likely just got some crap in the needle and seat, if you move the float down keep the change small.
Alan

rayza1

Re: carbie float levels

Postby rayza1 » 15 Dec 2010, 08:08

thanks Al, have one here. Just have a feeling the Stromies dont like being banged around, you'd think the've been on boats long enough to have that sort of stuff sorted out. Will have a look at the float levels today.

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”