Help Im getting Drowned

Any questions? We will try and help.
rayza1

Re: Help Im getting Drowned

Postby rayza1 » 28 Feb 2010, 21:58

Hi Brian, what angle is the skeg on your boat, mines running 14 degree. After reading the posts on this thread i'm to curious to know what other boats like ours are running.

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 01 Mar 2010, 21:03

hey ray,
mine is a 14degree im pretty sure. i hope you can get ya boat all done for nerrandera. will be good to see another one similar. if ya want any measuremnts etc etc off mine just let me know and i'll check em out for you.

brian

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 01 Mar 2010, 23:23

Thanks for the offer, i'm sure at some stage i'm going to need to pick your brains again! As of tonight the exhaust is done, the fuel delivery is done, steering and gauges are in, i've started doing the floor boards (bugger of a job) throttle linkages are in (and working much to my suprise) and the dog clutch is hooked up and operating like a dream and the water cooling is set up, only problem is no wiring so i can't start the bl##dy thing. Waiting on a mate who's a bit of a wiring guru to do a loom for me, something i'm not gunna touch! It's starting to look like a boat now. cheers

blown292

Postby blown292 » 06 Mar 2010, 21:52

Thanks for all the replys, I have been offline with a dead computer and a starting a new job.
Lots of good info on here, I never thought of the prop but it makes sense. About to fit a supercharger to the Y block just for looks mostly, not really fussed about going harder :D but was going to look at a new prop set up to suit the setup hopefully

I had it out the other day with a couple of trims stuck on the side just to try it out of interest and see if it improved. There was a bit of a change but it was such a rough day it was hard to check. Will try again in a couple of weeks when we go up again.

Thanks again for the help

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”