16ft Boesch Design Restoration

Any questions? We will try and help.
NPeth

Re: 16ft Boesch Design Restoration

Postby NPeth » 26 Feb 2013, 16:09

Hookster,
The Capri convertible is a fantastic, fun cheap car that is made in Australia and actually a really manly car to drive. :shock: Thats right I have two. Coming out of the closet and hopng not to be excomumicated
Nick
Attachments
Clubsprint1.jpg
Clubsprint1.jpg (29.62 KiB) Viewed 5648 times

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 26 Feb 2013, 21:00

Nick, don't know if i'd have come out of the closet like that! Some things are best kept secret. "manly and capri are two words that don't normaly go into the same sentence. And yes Jon, Carol read your comments. While i'm at it Damo, nice work.... just needs to be yellow and you'll have my tick of approval!
Ray

Darren

Postby Darren » 26 Feb 2013, 21:33

Nick admitting to one is risky, admitting to two is outrageous!
Man you must have large cohuna's.
Did I share with posters; I only have ONE big ball..........
And the other is a shade bigger!
Seriously Damo check the widening of the bridge, most mid mount applications come perilously close to it insitu. Alternators and water pumps usually mount up there.
Project is looking great.
Cheers
Darren

Alan

Postby Alan » 26 Feb 2013, 23:10

Well, I've seen some strange things, like a man in a wig with someone else's teeth in his mouth, but driving a Capri, that's just shocking.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 26 Feb 2013, 23:14

Who was it that said that when it was raining, it was like driving an umbrella upside down.

hookster

Postby hookster » 27 Feb 2013, 08:25

Nic I would have been happy to leave your poorly kept secret Capri fetish alone, but man you've gone and blown us all away with your openness :lol: I have to echo Ray's sentiments re Capri and manly never appearing in such close proximity :lol: :lol: Having said that, begrudgingly, the photo of the silver one you posted doesn't look that bad really. Anyway Nic, we are a caring and sharing club, totally non-descriminitory of course, and we respect your feelings. I was also wondering, do you Capri wierdos (poo did I say something politically incorrect??) have a get together? And does such a get together coincide with a certain annual carnivale in Sydney? Just wondering....

PS: Where on earth did you see such a thing Alan?

Damo your post has been hijacked somewhat, but I agree with Darren re widening your bridge section. I reverted my boat back to a twin cockpit format last winter from a walkabout set-up, and when it came time to lower the motor back in I found I could only just fit it in sideways, then I had to remove the rocker covers to give me enough room to spin it the 90 degrees to lower it onto the bearers. I actually thought I might have had to remove one or both of the heads at one stage (I was mildly shitting myself of course)

Damo

Postby Damo » 27 Feb 2013, 10:04

Hey Nick, Two of em you say :shock: :shock: :shock: . Sorry mate although I respect your choice of transportation I must agree with the boys, Capri and Manly should never be used in the same sentence. I'm probably not the right person to talk to about Capris as my drive is American and has 8 litres under the hood with enough metal in the bonnet to make a small jap car :twisted: 8-) .

Back to the boat , Well Jon it seemed like a good idea at the time but I am the same boat as you about now(pardon the pun :lol: ). I should have measured tolerences but instead did the " She'll be Right Mate" thing :roll: I know it was a dumb ass thing to do in hindsight :oops: . So now I have the waiting game until I turn the boat back over and get the measuring stick back out. At worst I may have to releave a bit out of the bridge so the rocker cover can fit, this may make changing rocker cover gaskets a bit of a mission in the future but we will wait and see, thanks for the feedback fella's.

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 27 Feb 2013, 17:01

Hookster, the Capri gathering actually coincides with Nerandra... I suspect intentionally to keep undesireables away from both events :lol: Greg, Capris don't fill up with water when it rains because sensible owners leave them in the shed when the forecast is bad! Now as hookster says- back to boating

Damo

Postby Damo » 04 Mar 2013, 18:58

Hey Fella's,
Managed to get to the boat this morning to carry out the first of the last two repairs remaining on the boat. I am happy with the result although it seemed to take longer than I estimated to get the right fit.One thing I have learnt so far is to rough things out with electric /air buff and the baby steps from there as I have been over zealous on couple of times resulting in the repair seeing the bin and starting over again. OK, here's a few pics of todays efforts.
Attachments
IMG_1049c.jpg
Starting to dress out the repair
IMG_1049c.jpg (29.36 KiB) Viewed 5333 times
IMG_1051c.jpg
Making patten on the repair
IMG_1051c.jpg (23.55 KiB) Viewed 5329 times
IMG_1052c.jpg
Patten marked out on ply
IMG_1052c.jpg (25.29 KiB) Viewed 5329 times
IMG_1055c.jpg
A little trick I learnt today, cut the line with a stanley knife and then you can use a jig saw across the grain without splintering
IMG_1055c.jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 5328 times

Damo

Postby Damo » 04 Mar 2013, 19:04

Here's the finished product, now just the other side to go ! :roll:
Attachments
IMG_1056c.jpg
Scarf join ready for installation
IMG_1056c.jpg (33.31 KiB) Viewed 5318 times
IMG_1057c.jpg
Repair screwed and epoxyed in place
IMG_1057c.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 5315 times