Is there a Chev small block low profile distributor?

Any questions? We will try and help.
hookster

Re: Is there a Chev small block low profile distributor?

Postby hookster » 10 Oct 2012, 08:15

Doc if push came to shove and I was particularly gifted in the machining side of things (which I'm not) I could run with the direct cam driven dizzy like you suggest. Alan I removed the dodgy water pump after the Yarra wet together earlier in the year, remember? I now don't run a water pump at all. (Incidentally I have also ditched the thermostat water exit point from the engine, and drilled/tapped two brass nozzles into the inlet manifold at the highest point of the motor - either side of the distributor - so the water has to flow up through the whole engine before exiting to the exhaust pipes. I have had another look at Pete's suggestion from Eagle Boys Pizza and I'll give them a ring to see if one of their crab caps will suit one of my dizzy's.

Oh and Alan...re the Ford suggestion - not while my arse points to the ground!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Woops I forgot about a certain Y-Block I have sitting in the shed :oops: (There, that should reignite some good old Ford v Holden debate....who won Bathurst?)

screwit

Postby screwit » 10 Oct 2012, 11:45

V8 Bathurst--Not one part of holden or ford any thing like we can buy,
May as well watch vw open wheelers - doesnt do any thing for me any more.
As for ford v chev/ holden dizzies,,
ford are easy to work on in car but corode in solid
chev / holden no good for the back or the eyes at the back to work on points
Hookster, just cut the hole bigger as oddball spare parts are impossable to get when away for the weekend boating- off the shelf is better!!!!
Ross

hookster

Postby hookster » 10 Oct 2012, 12:58

Yes Ross that's what I've decided to do after considering everything, and thanks all for contributing - it's been said before but that's what the club's all about isn't it? Much appreciated, and sorry Keith for calling you Pete. Oh and thanks Alan for managing to introduce an element of lewdness into a topic which could not possibly have had any sexual connotations until you entered the fray. :lol:

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”