Bottom paint?

Any questions? We will try and help.
bigbird

Bottom paint?

Postby bigbird » 27 Mar 2012, 13:49

G'day all. after saying I would never get involved in a project again here we go again. After some thought I have decided to re paint the bottom of my C/C below the water line,after being given the name of U.S. product that is used I find out that they won't ship liquids such as flammable paint to Australia.
I was hope full that some one would have a local product suggestion, I have gone over the bottom with an orbital sander, back till about 70% of the wood is showing and the remaining paint is very thin,I would like to get a paint that can be tinted to get close to the Teal colour that was original.I have tried the forum search but with no luck any help welcomed Brian.

reddwarf

Re: Bottom paint?

Postby reddwarf » 28 Mar 2012, 21:23

try northane by norglass or international 2 pack urethane

bigbird

Re: Bottom paint?

Postby bigbird » 29 Mar 2012, 08:57

Thanks Reddwaf after many phone calls I received a call back from a tech rep. from Norglass who was very help full, I have gone with 2 coats of wood treatment followed by 2 more coats of shipshape 2 pac primer and finish up with 2 coats of their 2 pac teal gloss finish with a light sand between all coats. to do below the water line is just over $400. just as well I don't have a 40 ft yacht. Brian.

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”