Little skiff

Any questions? We will try and help.
screwit

Re: Little skiff

Postby screwit » 07 Jan 2018, 21:49

Today I shortened the prop shaft by 50mm and reinstalled it and washed the bottom of the boat out with the pressure washer.
The eng has been done and only need to get a new gasket for the rocker cover and install it and the motor can go back in .
I have release the keel back to where it was almost before I pulled it up in two spots, in front and behind the shaft log so it will be starting from scratch with so many changes .

Wildwoody1

Postby Wildwoody1 » 08 Jan 2018, 11:20

The bottom should be flat along the planing area from the centre of balance to the end of the cav plate.If this is used as a start point you are then able to adjust the ride to some degree. If the bottom has a hook built in it will always be difficult to stop from leaping at differing speeds.
Some builders liked a wild hull as they thought they were faster , however speed gained on the leap is lost on the entry back into the water. A wild ride can feel good though, Small Record breaking Skiffs such as "Lightning" and "Screamin Eagle" road high but kept a flattish angle of attack on the water.
You should feel the prop push forward as you increase speed , not feel it pushing the hull upwards.
Wildwoody1

screwit

Postby screwit » 10 Jan 2018, 07:25

The eng is now bolted in and ready to go , I just have to finish the external breather and fill it with oil.
Have cut a rebate in the top side of the keel out side of the transom , this will allow the flex needed in the solid run through keel to ajust the cavplate .

Return to “Restoration Help and Advice”