FORSTER SPEED BOAT SPECTACULAR 2009

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
comanche

FORSTER SPEED BOAT SPECTACULAR 2009

Postby comanche » 03 May 2009, 20:46

THE DATES FOR FORSTER ARE 18TH AND 19TH OF JULY.

I WILL ADD MORE DETAILS SOON AND CONTACT INFO ETC.

CYA THERE ADAM

bootlegger

Re: FORSTER SPEED BOAT SPECTACULAR 2009

Postby bootlegger » 04 May 2009, 19:04

Where the hell have you been Adam? Thought you had fallen off the face of the planet. Whats news with you? Dave

comanche

Postby comanche » 05 May 2009, 17:51

I've been super busy Dave settling down in Forster livin the sea change life, I wish.
Started a job approx 6 months ago and now been made permanent at United Group Rail Taree.
Working in Diesel engine overhaul rebuilding GE V12 and V16 engines very big 26 Tonnes for a V16 with Turbo charger.
Been doing plenty of O/T and start pretty early around 5.00am.
Been doing heaps or Surfing and Skiing but haven't had a real chance to touch Comanche but will be getting into to it over winter and givin it a bit of TLC. Trailer bearers need replacing and need to make up a nice light board.
I did buy a set of S/S Cragars for the trailer and also made a LEWIS BROS plaque copied from a photo of one off FF sure. See my avatar.
Not sure if I will put it in the water at the get together but will be on display.

Oh by the way would Comanche origionally had an XP Falcon steering wheel as I may put one on to make it alittle more orgional.

I also got some nice Moon eq rocker covers and breathers and lead set to dress up the engine but I may pull the motor out and give it a lick of paint and tidy up.

I love your new boat and would / will look lovely back in the water.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 06 May 2009, 21:27

Adam. Im not too sure what wheel the boat had on it when my brother bought it. Lots of them certainly had Falcon wheels.
Ill see you at Forster. Dave

peter

Postby peter » 20 May 2009, 14:00

Hi all this is Peter Cole from Forster I have the Jack Eddy "Suspect". I have not used this forum in the new noticeboard so I hope this works out.

I have been asked by Fred Williams (boats and water skis) to work on the Committee for the Forster Keys week end on the 18th and 19 July 2009. and have been asked to officially invite all members of the CAWPBA to attend the get together.

For those who also love golf the weekend kicks off on the Friday 17th with an ambrose at Forster Golf Club for 9 holes in the afternoon.

Saturday will consist of Boat displays and runs at Pipers Creek Forster Keys.

Sunday will consist of Boat display and races, Hydro runs, Vintage boats, Motorcycles, Car clubs, Markets , dog show, Stationary engines etc.

The Saturday night is a meal and show at Club Forster at 6.00pm for $40 per head Bookings essential. Ticket sales Club Forster 02 6591 6591. Those that attended the dinner last year included a lot of the Old builders and skiers of "yesteryear" .

it is not just a timber boat show, it is all makes and models with the emphasis on nostalgia up to and including modern and old hydros. (big bangers and lots of noise) Dave Pagano was also there last year.

Please see if you can make it, I know it is a long way for the interstaters. Any questions please call me 02 6554 3160.

Peter

T

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 20 May 2009, 19:53

It really is a great weekend. Make the effort for this one if you can.

Jeff

Postby Jeff » 20 May 2009, 20:15

Dave, I'll go again after the last meeting which was great.
Accommodation let me know in advance if required as I will be booking.

Jeff

peter

Postby peter » 20 May 2009, 21:18

Dave , any chance you may still have the banner on the 19th July
Peter

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 21 May 2009, 07:33

Im sure I can hang on to it till then. We are also doing the sydney boat show at the end of July.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 19 Jul 2009, 22:09

The weekend was fantastic. With a huge turnout of boats. Im not sure of the number but plenty of old woodies (The Jet was flying).
I had a great weekend but sadly took Atomic home with a destroyed left sponson. Im not sure what happened but it looks like I hit something or it got damaged at the ramp Which is a nightmare for hydros.
Anyway Just have to rebulild it again I suppose. :(

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”