Yarrawonga Wet Together 2012

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
rayza1

Re: Yarrawonga Wet Together 2012

Postby rayza1 » 16 Jan 2012, 17:43

Really hoping i can get there next year, wont be buying houses again (i hope) One thing that would be cool is if we dont have two events running at the same time. The Lets Go Cruising show gives us fantastic coverage with thousands of people seeing our boats, they just need to give us enough warning which i dont think they did this year. Well Hookster sounds like you've kicked a goal with Yarrawonga and we will do our best to honor you with our presence next year. cheers Ray

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 16 Jan 2012, 20:02

Thanks John an Narelle for a fantastic weekend. After boat swapping I know now that I need a boat with the cool feel of Hookster's, the speed and sound of Rick's, that rides as comfortably through the water as Andy's and is as nimble and smooth as Allan's. Not too much to ask is it. Had a ball running down the Murray and trying to keep up with the V8's but now have mayonnaise in the sump :cry: :cry: Still it was worth blowing a head gasket just to sit behind and listen to them. A bit of work and as Arnie says "I will be back"
Ps Hokster I can't get the photo's off the camera but as soon as I can I will post some

hookster

Postby hookster » 17 Jan 2012, 09:13

I know the feeling Nick I finished the weekend with a crankcase full of pancake batter :lol: consequently the water pump has been ditched and I'll make up an aloominum block off plate and just bypass the thing. Glad you enjoyed the weekend :P

So Chivs, on this Tassie trip we could be up against each other yet again eh? This time in a couple of hydros instead of K100's 8-)

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 17 Jan 2012, 10:57

A huge thank you to Jon ,Narelle and Mat for their hospitality and help over the weekend.The new shogun radiator that Mat brought up from Shepparton has done the job and the convertor by pass has eliminated the coolant losses that had me hot under the collar on fridays epic journey. A great weekend spent with great people,unfortunately didnt get time to drive any boats but Classique,there will be other chances I'm sure.I just got a chance to look at the photos on E bay of the brown bondwood that Hookster missed out on and it is the same build as the one sitting in his yard with Classique written on its side. I might be lucky he did not win it as Classique would probably be engineless when I see it again!. Just kidding Jon. Thanks also to habits for generously letting the kids loose in the little hydro ( Dad,if I can find one on Ebay can you buy it for me?), how much fun did they have. Don't think Mitchell will surface today, 10:54 and still sound asleep on the floor where he crashed last night after a VERY big weekend
Thanks again Andy,Wendy and Mitchell

fatpigeon

Postby fatpigeon » 17 Jan 2012, 17:39

Well done Hookster, sounds like a great weekend. If you could turn the temperature down about 10 degrees to suit us arctic dwellers in Hobart I would love to be there next time.

Re your tassie trip I'm sure we can find a boat or two to get the heart rate up. I will talk to Chivs about organizing something.

Stuart

hookster

Postby hookster » 22 Jan 2012, 16:09

Sounds good to me Stu, see you late February then 8-)

habits

Postby habits » 25 Jan 2012, 11:42

WELL GUYS IT WAS GREAT TO SEE & MEET WITH YOU ON THE SATURDAY I THINK THE KIDS HAD A BALL UNFORTUNATLEY I HAD TO WORK ON THE SATURDAY NIGHT AND ON THE SUNDAY WE HAD A SUDDEN DEATH IN THE FAMILY AND TO GO TO MELBOURNE SO WAS NOT ABLE TO CATCH UP THEN EITHER JUST WASNT MY WEEKEND SO MY TIME PLAYING BOATS WAS LIMITED ANYWAY JON TOLD ME YOU WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT NERANDEERA IVE ONLY JUST GOT BACK NORMALITY HENCE THE LATE POST PHIL

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 25 Jan 2012, 12:53

Sorry to hear about your loss Phil.

Now hopefully on the road to emotional recovery can you post some photos of the mini hydro or whatever you supplied the kids with to have a go, I think I know what it is but you know we all enjoy a photo or two.

Will you have a boat for Narranderra, what about AJAY! Apparently someone's no longer loves it like he should!

Chris

habits

Postby habits » 26 Jan 2012, 09:11

Thanks Chivs I should have boat for Nerrandra but it wont be A-Jay I dont want start from scratch and I will organize some photos it is a flat bottom with a 6 hp mercury only problem is f/g Phil

antique-boatique

Postby antique-boatique » 26 Jan 2012, 11:10

Habits -I designed and used to build 8 foot flatbottom boats with either outboard or jet power and many have flop moulded it since claiming it as their own brand and some of those copies are reputed to be by Juddcraft and JWF - mine wre built under contract by Juddcraft and I would be interested to see a photo of yours to see if it is yet another copy. The original boat was built from marine ply and was fitted with a Honda S600 twin cam inboard

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”