Yarrawonga Wet Together 2012

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
hookster

Re: Yarrawonga Wet Together 2012

Postby hookster » 13 Jan 2012, 07:57

Well, that wind has finally dropped off, perfect timing. The forecast is for up near 30 today, and 35 tomorrow, so all looks good for the weekend. Bad Habits is going to be helping me today (in between his golf commitments). We will be erecting the canvas taj mahal, among other things. Looking forward to catching up with everyone :P See you all tonight and tomorrow :D Cheers, Jon.

dazza66

Postby dazza66 » 13 Jan 2012, 14:21

Hi Jon,Ive had to pull out with work stuffed me up.I ,ll see if i can come up sunday.
Darren

hookster

Postby hookster » 13 Jan 2012, 19:39

What a bummer dazza, see what you can do then, I'll take Monday off of you come up Sunday :)

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 14 Jan 2012, 08:35

Have a great weekend fellas. Just wish I was there.

hookster

Postby hookster » 14 Jan 2012, 19:49

Ok everyone, had a great day today, initially launched at Hogan's Road, but found it too busy and not condusive to pulling wooden boats up to the bank. We relocated to the Rosemary Court ramp and had the whole area to ourselves, grassy bank, shady willows...beautiful spot. Virtually no wind to speak of, just had to contend with a few plastic boat wakes. Everyone had a top arvo, the boats that we had here were Vamoose, Ricshaw, Buttercup, Renojet, Classique and Bullitt. Phil (Habits) earnt the crown of King of the Kids with his little 'hydro' which all the kids had a go at.....Erica Price wins the prize for ballsiest driver of that thing (I wonder where she gets that from?)

The usual boat sharing was on for young and old....Matt from Shepparton copped a 'walk of shame' after running out of juice in Bullitt....two tinnies came to his rescue more or less instantly!

We are currently kicking back at my place around the pool. Dress of the day appears to be 2011 CAWPBA shirts!!!

The Bundalong run is on for tomorrow morning, we will be breakfasted and on the water by 8am. Judging by the weather today, we should be in for a glassy run up and back.

So, is everyone jealous enough yet???? I only have one photo to post so far, until I can gather together everyone else's SD cards and compile a bit of a slide show. Ciao for now, more photos tomorrow
Attachments
yarra wet together.jpg
yarra wet together.jpg (33.88 KiB) Viewed 6361 times

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 14 Jan 2012, 22:01

Yeh, OK, I'm jealous!

I'm sitting here at work, 10pm, busted aeroplanes all over, grumpy people and 8 hours to go. Then I come back and do it all again tomorrow.

Such is life :(

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 15 Jan 2012, 07:25

Focus on your job Greg - I'm flying on Wednesday.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 15 Jan 2012, 13:49

OK Bob, we'll concentrate tonight ;)

hookster

Postby hookster » 16 Jan 2012, 11:03

Well, what a weekend! As previously posted Saturday was awesome (apologies for mixed up names....may have had something to do with the exposure to the sun all day :lol: ). We pulled the boats out at about 6pm and returned to base camp for a bbq. Initially all the blokes settled straight into a bit of drinking and technical talk, but we were forced to eat by Narelle which was probably a really good idea.

After sunset the fire pot was lit and a great evening developed. A generously donated carton of cans was passed around (thanks Andy, or, thankyou Mitsubishi Shogun) There was some confusion at one stage as to what the time was. I thought it was 9:30pm, Alan had me convinced that it was with his clever use of gadgetry, when in actual fact it was allegedly 1:30am. 2am saw us all heading off to various degrees of sleeping comfort (or discomfort) Ric's option of a couple of brown couch cushions arranged in the back of an EA wagon seemed to be the most basic and effective...well it must have been because he managed to sleep through the stray dog chook massacre which occurred early sunday morning.

On Sunday morning after bacon and eggs we re-launched the fleet, and headed off up to Bundalong. Once we got clear of the Lake and hit the river, it was flat and beautiful cruising. We returned for more bbq tucker and then for most of us a catch up nanna nap. (Ric a couple of us tossed around the idea of next year maybe cruising up to your camp on the saturday evening and spending the night up there...how does that grab you?)

It was unanimously agreed that the Yarrawonga Wet Together will become an annual event, around the same time each year. I have attached a few photos from the Bundalong cruise, no doubt others who were present will have photos to post (it seemed like every time I took a photo, someone was taking a photo as well)

Anyway, from Narelle and I....thanks very much to all who came (and commiserations to those who tried but couldn't make it) Can't wait for the next one!!!! Cheers, Jon & Narelle.
boat 026.jpg
boat 026.jpg (31.03 KiB) Viewed 6154 times
boat 027.jpg
boat 027.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 6149 times
boat 028.jpg
boat 028.jpg (33.09 KiB) Viewed 6148 times
boat 029.jpg
boat 029.jpg (27.6 KiB) Viewed 6148 times
boat 030.jpg
boat 030.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 6147 times
boat 031.jpg
boat 031.jpg (35.58 KiB) Viewed 6146 times

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 16 Jan 2012, 11:34

Well done Hookster, you have certainly embraced the club since you joined, and I am sure I speak for the majority when I look forward to your posts and what you have to offer. I am one that did want to go (probably would have sorted out that nylon bow rope looks like you are still using?) however as you know that's another story! I hope to make your trip to sunny Tassie worthwhile in February and you never know if the fat pigeon gets his act together we might have our own Tassie getting wet together?

Thanks again mate and keep em coming Hooks. :P

Chivs

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”