Independant Power boat club

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
bootlegger

Independant Power boat club

Postby bootlegger » 20 Apr 2009, 22:10

If you feel the need to go racing there is a new powerboat club that is formed at Toukley (NSW Central Coast). May 16 is the first meeting. There is NO APBA involved. All you need is a registered boat/Licence. The entry fee is to be advised. Call Harry Pugsley for what else you need to be able to run 0291444699.

bootlegger

Re: Independant Power boat club

Postby bootlegger » 20 Apr 2009, 22:15

Sorry Its the 17th. I cut and pasted this from the Ozboat racers site.
The Independent Power Boat Club Inc wishes to announce that It will be holding its first Race Meeting on Sunday the 17th of May 2009.

It will be held at Osborne Park Lake Budgewoi, off Peel St Toukley (the old Toukley Aquatic Club) at the facilities of the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Toukley.

Scrutineering will commence at 8am. The format will be test and tune in the am and racing in the pm. All types of boats are welcome (zoomies are not permitted) and all participants must be over 18 years of age. Race classes will be decided on the day.

Some evidence of a drivers fitness to race will be required. This can be in the form of a medical certificate or other licence which requires a medical for renewal eg Pilots licence, Taxi driver authority or current APBA licence.

All drivers and boats must comply with current NSW Maritime licencing and registration requirements.

Our thanks go to Australian Volunteer Coastguard Toukley, Wyong Council and NSW Maritime for their cooperation and assistance with the running of this race day.

For further information please contact:

Bob Forbes 0412609359

Gary Livermore 0412708392

Harry Pugsley 0291444699

I look forward to seeing you there

Jeff

Postby Jeff » 16 May 2009, 17:58

Anyone coming to Toukley tomorrow. I'll be there.

Jeff

Jeff

Postby Jeff » 17 May 2009, 18:32

Went over to Toukley this morning about 9am seen a few boats in the carpark.
Returned about 10.30 on my motorcycle about 4 boats.
Went for ride and returned about 12.30. 2 inboards 3 outboards.
Didn't see anyone I knew, even locals.

Jeff

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 18 May 2009, 08:41

Sounds pretty disappointing Jeff. Were there any organisers there? Did they actually run any events?

Greg

Jeff

Postby Jeff » 18 May 2009, 18:23

Greg the organizers were there I heard them talking over the PA.
Was a cold start in the morning and a think that slowed things up.
When I returned after 12 I think they were up to event 4, two inboards went out and one lasted one lap and the other didn't sound good. The outboards probably went all day.
The Spook didn't make it. Anyway I'll return to the next event and may even be towing a championship winning skiff. :)

Jeff

Darren

Postby Darren » 18 May 2009, 20:11

Jeff,
Put it with all the other trophies that world champion skiff has!
:lol:
Jealous Darren

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 19 May 2009, 00:03

I couldnt get to this event. I think the motor is buggered in Atomic and Andrew had his birthday party so I went to that.
I also think that the roll up wasnt that great as The Upper Hawkesbury club had their club day on as well.
Ill be at the next one.

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 21 Jun 2009, 14:26

Ladies and Gents

The Spook is a long way from being finished, but I keep working away at it. It may one day get to race at Toukley at The IPBC Inc. As Dave has mentioned we are not affiliated with the APBA. We have our own insurance and we welcome anyone who wishes to come along and race. Boat size is limited to 8m including attachments, and no zoomies are allowed.

The race day on the 17th was a ball and yes we only had 5 boats, but those 5 drivers had a ball and all of them ran out of fuel by the end of the day. We did run 15 to 16 races during the event.

Our next race meeting is on the 23rd of August and we invite all of you to come along.

Just be aware that if you come your boat will be scrutineered for safety just as it would at any other race event. You will be expected to wear an appropriate race suit or overalls along with a lifejacket (with leg straps) and helmet. Boat cut out switches are mandatory. We would prefer that ski poles be removed if possible. Other than that we are about having fun with whatever you bring, safely of course. There are no sheep stations involved at all.

The Spook

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 22 Jun 2009, 08:36

Good on you Bob. Now get in that shed and finish that bloody boat :D

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”