2 - Jacaranda Festival
No votes
3 - Both
100%

Total votes: 2

propellerhead

Grafton 2009 B2B &/or Jacaranda Festival

Postby propellerhead » 20 Apr 2009, 13:24

Hi guys. I'm seeking interest from members to bring their boats up to Grafton later this year. There are two possible dates:

1. The 2009 Grafton Bridge to Bridge around the first weekend in October (I think date is yet to be set). Last year was fairly quiet on the Saturday before the race kicked off so could be an opening for CAWPBA boats? I have yet to discuss with the event organisers. http://www.clarencetourism.com/grafton.htm

2. The 2009 Jacaranda festival 30th October to 8th November. This is close to the Narrandera nationals 24th & 25th October so I realise will present problems for members. Myself & another local fellow will meet with the Council shortly to present our idea of a wooden boat regatta on the evening of Friday 6th as part of the Venetian Carnival. Our idea is to involve all types of wooden boats, not just powerboats, as there is a pretty varied following up here! We will also seek an area to display boats on either the Friday or Saturday. http://www.jacarandafestival.org.au/official_events.htm

I've created a poll for you to register your interest - hope it works OK!

Grafton is a really friendly country town & I know the locals would be pretty interested in a display by the club. And there is a BIG river with lots of water up here to play in ;)

Cheers! Nick Westman.

viteau

Re: Grafton 2009 B2B &/or Jacaranda Festival

Postby viteau » 20 Apr 2009, 19:57

G'day Nick
I am keen to attend as I live in Armidale. It is a bit close to Narrandera but it doesn't matter as it gives the boat another run in a fantastic water way like the clarence. let me know if you wish to have a social run on the clarence before the event.
Cheers Chris

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 20 Apr 2009, 22:01

Hi Nick. Both dates are close to Nerranderra. If I was to pick one Id go to the vintage boat Regatta. My experience with boat races is if you are lucky they might let you on the water for a very short while. Its a long way for some for a small reward.

At the Heritage afloat regatta one speedboat got a hard time from the other vintage boat guys for stiring up the water.
I watched him idle at less than 4 knots out to the bay. He ran the boat at around 40mph well away from everyone. He didnt cause any harm. After having another run later and getting his arse kicked for a second time he put his boat on the trailer and took it home.

Just make sure we are welcome to run with them. Daved

propellerhead

Postby propellerhead » 21 Apr 2009, 08:37

Thanks guys - excellent advice. Will take these thoughts along to the meeting with Council. Not much kudos in dragging a performance boat hundreds of kilometres to putt putt around hey :)

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”