Vic Wet-together

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Alan

Vic Wet-together

Postby Alan » 16 Feb 2011, 11:07

Well,
after talking about it in general for a while now, thought I'd put up the suggestions so far to see what people would prefer and get the ball rolling before it's too late.

Greg and I have been talking about having a wet-together now that there is water around, and the two places that have come up as possibilities are, Eppalock and Bonnie Doon.

The dates proposed are march 19/20, the suggestions are,
1/ We could just have a day out on either date just on the bank of our choice,
2/ I was wondering if we approached one of the camps/caravan parks if we might be able to get a day rate to use the facilities etc.
3/ We stay overnight and have two days, with one day dedicated to the wet-together for those that cannot spare the whole weekend.

So, who wants to go where and for how long?
And don't feel limited by the list, please add to it the more suggestions the better.

Regards,
Alan.

Greg
Creator

Re: Vic Wet-together

Postby Greg » 16 Feb 2011, 21:16

Well, obviously, I'm in, regardless of where.

We need some decent feedback on this one fellas. I have been to both lakes recently and both are good options.

Eppalock at Derrinal has minimal useable shoreline, but offers more around at Kimbolton (refer my post elsewhere on this board). There must be other areas on Eppalock that someone knows of. Eppalock would be the pick for a day trip. Moorabee caravan park might be an option for a day rate, but not sure.

Eildon at Bonnie Doon offers plenty of decent shoreline at the public area at Kennedy Point as well as Lakeside Caravan park. For a weekend, the park is a good option as there are plenty of cabins available over the weekend mentioned. For a day trip, Bonnie Doon might be a little too far for Melbournians, but the park has a day rate of $4/adult and $2/kid and boat, and have a kiosk going all weekend.

Greg

blown292

Postby blown292 » 17 Feb 2011, 06:59

We stayed over christmas at the Lakeside park at lake Nagambie, was perfect as it had a inlet where we left the boat moored all week infront of the site.
We are actually trying to organise a weekend for the vintage cararavans to go up there in May sometime. Just another idea.
Had a ball cruising the goulburn river except when it hailed on us :D

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 17 Feb 2011, 16:48

Will have to check dates with the boss but will be a starter if we can make it fit, Nagambie or Eppalock would be better for me as Eildon is a fair trip from Melton but if thats where we go then no probs. Ray

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 17 Feb 2011, 20:58

yep im in. bonnie doon would be my choice because ive never been there but im happy with any destination. lets make this one happen. does it realy matter if only 4 boats go because we need to start making these days happen so people can be confident that people are going to turn up. anyway lets get it going.

if we go to eppalock we need to get thier early and we will get a nice beachy spot in the shade at kimbolton pool. if enough people are keen ill get out thier early ( 6.30-7am ) and save a spot for us.

brian

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 17 Feb 2011, 21:01

Brian
It sounds like you know of a spot.
Greg

dazza66

Postby dazza66 » 18 Feb 2011, 06:29

I'm interested in going.
Darren

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 18 Feb 2011, 08:11

hey greg,
there is allot of spots out there that are good . it looks like a few people are interested so i can go out soon and confirm a spot if we decided to go to eppalock. i can bring a bbq and big esky out so people wont need to drag stuff like that out there

ive spoken to ross about a wet together a few times now so im sure he will be keen on going.

while im thinking of it there is a caravan park at eppalock that has the most unbelievable green lawns that are on the waters edge that any turf company would envy so it might be worth me making a trip out to find out which park it is. if people are interested in paying a day rate to use thier lawns and ramp it would be worth finding out about. the park is in a part of the lake which does not blow up like kimbolton and most boaties dont head to that part of the lake so could be worth looking at.

brian

screwit

Postby screwit » 19 Feb 2011, 20:28

Im interested ,as long as the date works in with me
Ross

blown292

Postby blown292 » 24 Feb 2011, 06:59

Anymore thoughts on this, Im keen lets make it happen with a good turnout wherever it is :D

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”