Yarrawonga

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Darren

Re: Yarrawonga

Postby Darren » 30 Nov 2010, 09:28

Bob,
That explains why I couldn't find the post last night.
Moderators may have thought negative comments were inappropriate
at this time with the seriousness of the accident??
Just a thought
Darren

mud mouse

Postby mud mouse » 30 Nov 2010, 11:21

G'day all, The topic hasn't been removed from their forum, you just have to log on and page down to members only section and you will find it there.
They do seem a bit thin skinned at times, also fully support both Bob & Dave's posts.

Trevor

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 30 Nov 2010, 12:07

Thanks Trevor - I would never have found that section if you had not pointed it out. I don't agree with it being moved out of the public forum, but at least it is still there for some to see..... so it's partial censorship!

Bob

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 30 Nov 2010, 16:09

They always move these sort of posts. Im surprised it lasted almost a day. I posted on the forum because I knew I wouldnt get a response from the organisers (which I havent).
At least the general boat racing community know what is going on even though I got a couple of PMs commenting on the timming of my posts seeing they lost another racer.
To me that topic on the forum is over with.
Lets move forward with some other positive stuff.
Im as heartbroken as everyone else but we have lost 5 guys in 12 months.

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 01 Dec 2010, 10:18

I'm with you Dave. Like you I received a couple of PMs from people on the forum supporting us. No doubt at some stage I will hear something from the people that I was working with on this event. They were quick to ask for & accept promo help, advice and my media database when they needed it. In the event they come back to me I'll let you know the outcome via this open forum.

The issue is finished as far as I'm concerned so let's move on to more positive things like Glenmaggie. I think we have a good supporter base down there so lets see if we can make it work there.

Bob

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 01 Dec 2010, 11:11

Re Glenmaggie

I had some enquiries about us making an appearance some considerable time ago, but have not heard anything since. If they are keen to have us there and someone has a contact, they only need to let us know.

Greg

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 01 Dec 2010, 13:26

I understand that a couple of our members are also members of Glenmaggie. The only contact that I have is Tony Pennington 03 5169 1511... I'm not exactly sure of his role there, he may well be Commodore.

Bob

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”