Australia day 2011

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
bauchy

Re: Australia day 2011

Postby bauchy » 28 Jan 2011, 23:33

great work dave. looks like a day all of us wish we could have made it to. we will make it next year if its on again. good work once again
brian

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 29 Jan 2011, 03:25

Great photos, well done Dave and everyone else involved. A great venue. Atomic looks great! As does Reddwarf, Peter. Also great to see Jet in the water. My dad (Wildfire) was good friends with Jack Kenner and I also knew him. His clean paper approach to engineering things was light years ahead of everyone else at the time and probably still would be today!

Cheers
Chris.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 29 Jan 2011, 09:14

Chris I agree with you re jack kenner. The jet is an amazing boat.

Renojet

Postby Renojet » 31 Jan 2011, 22:00

Chris, it is good to hear someone else praising Jack Kenner and his work with The Jet. The lightweight hull, the amazing modifications to the engine and the semi surfacing propeller all go together to make a unique little boat! We are in contact with Jack's son Russ and he has seen The Jet run and is happy it is still going and being cared for.
Good luck with Wildfire and hope to see you at an event sometime.

Frank

cbsynboat

Postby cbsynboat » 02 Feb 2011, 01:41

Thanks Dave, Jack was a pretty switched on character. Jet has features that you still don't see on any of the current boats. I also think that most of his speed records still stand.
Pleased to meet you Frank, I think I spoke to you at Yarrawonga when I met Greg? I look forward to seeing Jet run sometime. Good to hear that you are in contact with Russell. I met him a long time ago, he would probably be pleased to know that I have accquired Wildfire to restore. Compared with some of the restorations completed, I have it pretty easy with Wildfire as the hull and trailer is reasonably good as is. My biggest problem is that I am never home (because of my job in the navy), so it will quite a long drawn out project. The biggest hurdle I will probably have is sorting the Jag engine.

My Dad was good friends with Dix Palmer (Stormy) and it seems bizzare that 50+ years on all 3 boats are still going (mine hopefully) and the current owners know each other in the same club. I can see these boats easily lasting another 50+ years with some TLC!

Cheers
Chris.

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”