Geelong Revival

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Darren

Re: Geelong Revival

Postby Darren » 17 Nov 2018, 23:44

:DHmmm Ray, I’m not entering into that one. :o We are in the neighbourhood Saturday and Sunday night. I hear you guys are out for the Saturday night, the tourists are having a pub meal on the Saturday. Maybe we’ll organize something unrulley for Sunday night.
Cheers Darren

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 22 Nov 2018, 18:44

So, in summary:

We should have about 7 boats at Geelong Revival,

Drop by and say hullo. This is a terrific weekend of petrol powered nostalgia - cars, boats, caravans, motorcycles, . . .

There will be someone to talk to with the boats at all times.

Alan

Postby Alan » 25 Nov 2018, 20:41

Unfortunately I don't have any pics to post, but would like to thank Ray, Ken, Greg, Darren & Nick who brought along their boats to help put on a great display. The weather Saturday was not very good to us and the crown was low, Sunday however just got better as the day progressed and the people came out in numbers, It was a great weekend overall.

Thanks also to my kind hosts Ray & Carole.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 25 Nov 2018, 21:24

Really folks. how good was Saturday night and Sunday. What a great bunch of people! What an excellent weekend.

Darren

Postby Darren » 26 Nov 2018, 14:12

Yes, what a good weekend! Pub meal on Saturday night was brilliant, great choice Ken and Karen. However the beer jugs were leaking, just kept emptying. Threw the guys under the bus on the stand, left to and have a coffee and got back 4 hours later, there is so much to see and watch. Another Cracker thanks everybody who attended. And thanks Al for putting the boat in for me

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 27 Nov 2018, 20:43

Yep, have to agree....love this event. For me was very busy with two boats and a car on Sunday so kinda had to divide my time between clubs. Not sure i will do that again unless i can tow Pagan with the Vanguard and combine the two in one display. Spewing i missed Saturday night due to other commitments and that wont happen again either. Anyway....bring on next year!!

screwit

Postby screwit » 28 Nov 2018, 18:11

Any picks ?
Who won the book raffle?
Is any one looking at this site ?
We need to support it to keep all the historical stuff on here.

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 28 Nov 2018, 22:19

Hi Ross, i still visit the site every day, i just dont have much to post at the moment. Hoping that will change soon as time becomes more available.

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 29 Nov 2018, 13:22

Ahoy all!

With reference to Ross's last post, my two bob's worth having had a bit of a go with my story I got a bit bored with it! The lack of interaction or feed back and pretty much posting similar photos of Tomboy in different locations I found to be a little tedious!

If you follow the site like I do, it is obvious there are only a handful that are consistent contributors. Sometime ago I was having a whinge to a senior member of the club and his wise words were ,"the club is what it is, basically we are pretty much a reserved lot who keep to themselves until we have a get together. However if something important or special happens they generally come out of the WOOD WORK!"

To be continued and all the best!

Chivs

Alan

Postby Alan » 29 Nov 2018, 21:19

Think you might find someone is hording the pics for the hollow log,

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”