Balranald Wet Together

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
rayza1

Re: Balranald Wet Together

Postby rayza1 » 14 Mar 2019, 20:19

Yep, have to agree with Ken. Andy pulled a rabbit out of a hat with the lake, when there is so little water about to have a stretch of water this big to ourselves was fantastic. After having Andy fit a new generator to Ronda she ran well for the Saturday but i will have to get on top of the water leaks before next summer. Carol and I would like to thank our hosts for the weekend and look forward to the next outing whenever that may be. Unfortunately we will miss Goolwa this year as April for us is hectic to say the least. cheers all!!

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 15 Mar 2019, 09:24

I have in my custody, a CHAIR COOLER ARM WANDERER RUST DC . To translate that, someone has left a brown/rust coloured chair carry bag at the lake.Let me know who owns it and we can arrange its return

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 15 Mar 2019, 23:05

Yeah that would be mine Andy, get it when i see you next. cheers

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 23 Mar 2019, 12:34

A belated thanks to Ric for making the effort to travel from Darwin to BALRANALD for the weekend.It was good to catch up with him and take his boat for a run .

retroboat

Postby retroboat » 15 Jan 2020, 20:04

Good Evening Everyone,

Has anyone rebooked their accommodation in Balranald for this Labour day weekend?.

The reason I ask is because Yanga Lake and Lake Tala don't have sufficient water in them for boating.

I would like to know what people's thoughts were on moving the event to Lake Boga as an alternate venue.

I will be contacting The Australian Sea Plane Association tomorrow as they have a fly in on the same weekend and I need to find out if the lake is closed for their fly in.

The lake was closed last year as they had an Airshow on in conjunction with their fly in.
However they did have skiing and ski racing demonstrations on during the day in several timeslots.

Perhaps we could work in with them if the lake is closed which will give us an opportunity as a club to promote ourselves if the lake is closed, the Airshow is not on this year so It may not be closed.

As an alternate Kangaroo Lake and Lake charm are just down the road and all of these lakes are not far from Swan Hill which gives us more Accommodation options.

Some input on this proposal would be much appreciated.

Nathan

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 15 Jan 2020, 20:44

Hang on a bit Nathan, I haven’t been able to contact the owners of Gooparle as they are away on holidays. Lake Boga is traditionally closed on the March long weekend as it is a landing zone for all amphibious aircraft visiting.

retroboat

Postby retroboat » 15 Jan 2020, 21:45

No dramas andy will wait for word on the other lake

Alan

Postby Alan » 21 Jan 2020, 14:36

I have just come back from "Lake Lascelles" (Hopetoun Vic) it also is a great spot for a bit of boating, I am not sure what is booked for the dates of our gathering but the camp ground has a range of (quirky) accommodation that based on two people per unit would equal 8 units ( some units can take many more heads) also the whole facility can be booked including a large kitchen/function room ($400). And the caravan park next door has at least 6 cabins. May not work for this year but could be an option.

RightyO

Postby RightyO » 21 Jan 2020, 16:30

Nathan has been organising the club going to lake Boort .

retroboat

Postby retroboat » 21 Jan 2020, 20:36

Good Evening all,

Due to the lakes in Balranald being unsuitable for boating, Andy suggested looking at the Boort lakes as an alternate venue.
I have posted this on Facebook and have had a very positive response from everyone in favour of Boort Lakes as a venue.
it is also closer for members travelling from Melboiurne and Geelong.

The Caravan Park is right on the lake with grassy lawns and sandy banks to pull up in front of your Cabin on,

There are several cabins available and the owners were checking for me to see if there had been any cancellations to free up some more cabins.
she is going to contact me and let me know exactly what is available.

They are very Keen to have us there and sound like very friendly people.

I would suggest everyone get in early before the cabins are booked out. the contact number for Boort lakes Holiday Park is 03 54552064 for bookings.

there are 2 bedroom cabins with ensuites 1 bedroom cabins with ensuite and budget cabins without ensuite.
there are also plenty of powered and unpowered sites.
there are 2 pubs in town within 450 metres which also have rooms if need be.

It looks like a great spot and if you go to the Boort Lakes Holiday Park website http://www.boortlakesholidaypark.com.au there are plenty of pictures and videos of the lake and caravan park.

so far people attending are as follows.

Me
Andy, Mitchell, Molly
Darren and family
Greg and Jackie
John Sullivan
Ken and Karen
Ross Maybe

and everyone else is welcome to join us if they can make it.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards Nathan

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”