Paynesville Classic & Wooden Boat Festival

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
screwit

Re: Paynesville Classic & Wooden Boat Festival

Postby screwit » 07 Mar 2016, 00:07

Went up on sat
We had about 8 wooden speed boats and a colection of early plastics in the car park with sailing and row boats
Ray with pagan and my Ratbag and Bob's winged lewis Turbo Fire and max,s skiff, Rebel among them.
All had a good day I think.

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 07 Mar 2016, 11:39

Good to see some of the wooden boats (and their owners/crew) at Paynesville. For a first year is was an excellent event, notwithstanding that it was relatively light on with our kind of boats. I'll be suggesting to the organiser that next time (in 2018 - the non Hobart years) that some water time for the powerboats wopuld go a long way to getting more boats to display. The car park that we use services the dual lane boat ramp so it would be easy for us to launch etc. The organisers would need to get a dispensation for ther 5 knot knot zone for an hour or so each day, so the boats can run around in front of the crowd. Let's hope they are receptive.

Bob

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 07 Mar 2016, 11:44

Hi All, back from Paynesville safe and sound, great event with lots of interest in the boats in our static display area. Great to catch up with everyone and had plenty of time to chew the fat with people. Spoke with the organisers on Sunday about on water time next event and they are more than keen for us to go out and make some noise and put on a bit of a show. I guess time will tell if we can get past all the regulations. Looking forward to the next one.
Ray

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”