Narrandera 2014

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
The Spook

Re: Narrandera 2014

Postby The Spook » 12 Nov 2014, 18:10

Dave

I don't know that I am or have ever been that interested in competitive racing. However when we used to run the classic hydro's as a class a few years ago it was great fun, wasn't it Dave.

I built this boat purely because I wanted to build one and if I had wanted to build a modern front seater I would have, but I didn't, so I now have what everyone saw and experienced at Narandera, and so far I love it, its great. It's a pity that the critics from within boat racing cant see past the safety capsule argument and accept that I built the boat that I have because that's what I want to have.

I reiterate, if I had wanted to build a front seater, I would have and it would have been built with a safety capsule.

The issue for me is that I want to try and ensure that the boat realizes its potential as much as possible. So its about playing with things like the rudder to make the steering work as it should as well as getting the gearbox ratio right so that the boats speed and performance is a good all round demonstration of what such a hydro is capable of. It is not meant to be a competitive race boat but a good example of a vintage/classic hydro.

Having said all the above Dave I'm looking forward to another opportunity for you and I to run together again and it was good to see Atomic going very well indeed.

I have also started to put together the stuff required for the building of the front cowling so some more progress is on the cards.

Spook

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 12 Nov 2014, 21:37

All good bob. I know your plan. Im not sure when ill be running atomic again.
Ive got a massive project on my plate. One e that will suck all my money and at the end I probably wont have anything to show for it all.

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 17 Nov 2014, 14:31

Was there any more pics from Narranderra?
There has been prescious little posted. Did anyone get video of Pagan with the "O" on it?

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 17 Nov 2014, 22:13

Hey Dave - what did you find that went wrong with Atomic at Narrandera?

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 17 Nov 2014, 22:54

Bob just parked atomic in the shed. I havent even looked at it.

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”