Greg
Creator

Re: 2015 Yarrawonga Wet Together V.4.0

Postby Greg » 23 Jan 2015, 14:31

G'day Ric

Good pick up on both:

Re the wreck, it can't be - butterboxes don't have that many ribs
Re the flame arrestors, old photo - they've been removed, as has the black deck

You can just afford to fill the esky? Sounds promising. You got some news? Talk tomorrow.

Alan

Postby Alan » 26 Jan 2015, 17:45

Well, home safe and sound.
Thanks to all for making it a great weekend, while there may have been more talk than boating on Saturday, it was made up for with the bronco riding cruise on the Sunday. Seems like everyone liked the new venue and the general plan of this years "Hookster prememorial colloquy" (inspired by the famous unicorn whisperer of the same name) so hopefully we will continue on next year with an even larger congregation, and some of us might even bring a boat. :lol:

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 26 Jan 2015, 18:10

Yes, great weekend for sure. Rough old trip down the Ovens surfing up and down the rollers, but absolutely worth it.

Couple of pictures below when we rendezvoused with the Classic Ski Boat group.

Bundy1.jpg
Bundy1.jpg (460.73 KiB) Viewed 7590 times

Bundy2.jpg
Bundy2.jpg (410.07 KiB) Viewed 7581 times

NeilCullis

Postby NeilCullis » 27 Jan 2015, 10:50

Totally enjoyed seeing you Guys arrive from up the River, was good to chat with some of you and cruise back also. Must mix the groups up again soon, Thanks

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 27 Jan 2015, 15:37

I thought it was a great weekend. Was good to put faces to names as well. I started off a bit anxious that Hookster might be after retribution for all the things I have said about him on this forum, even checked my bed for short sheeting or a dead snake or something, but no, he was a thorough gentleman all weekend. Maybe he won't live that down. Also enjoyed catching up with the plastic boat guys. A big thanks to Ken and Karen for taking me up the creek (not sure if it was with or without paddle) in Swiftwood. It was a great ride, even the couple of waves that broke over the bow didn't deter Ken, he just kept on pushing her along.
Bob W

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 27 Jan 2015, 17:37

Yes Neil, it was really good to catch up with everyone.

To mix the groups up again is a definite - maybe the CSBG can cruise back to Yarrawonga next year and we can reciprocate the hospitality - that is, if we can wait that long ;)

hookster

Postby hookster » 27 Jan 2015, 20:26

What a hellova weekend!!! Thanks Whoopie for organising the motel part - it proved to be a great venue, very well suited to our needs. The atmosphere was very relaxing all weekend, with plenty of constructive comments flying between room neighbours (which could have been misconstrued as poo stirring on the odd occasion). Bob you must have me mixed up with someone else...I am always on my best behaviour!!! By the way Bob you get the award for longest distance travelled - bloody good on you!!

While I'm dishing out awards, Ian gets the title (publicly now!!) of being the Shittest Boyfriend :lol: (nominated by Tania, seconded by Narelle late on Saturday afternoon after Ian produced a particularly well targeted and awfully powerful bodily by-product)

And, well, ahem, ladies and gentlemen you may be wondering who the recipient of the Biggest F*&## Up Award is....well you will have to wait. Don't worry, the award is well and truly locked in, I'm just not quite ready to make the announcement. Maybe it can be presented next year....

The Sunday cruise up-lake and onwards and upwards to catch up with the CSBG boys (note I didn't use the word plastic - ah f*%$kit it slipped out, sorry) was another huge highlight. To see that lagoon filled with so many boats was a sight to behold, and then to be catered for by the crew up there was bloody wonderful. Hats off to Matt, Neil and the mob up there :D

So, I can't wait for next years event which will be held on the Australia Day Long Weekend again, at this stage at the same venue. Cheers everyone, Jon.

piquet95971

Postby piquet95971 » 27 Jan 2015, 20:45

we arrived home safely after a detour via Mernda as one of Emilys' friends wanted to see the boat.

Can I also add our thanks to everyone for the weekend. The situation of the Motel was just fabulous.
The Sneddons, Peter, Megan and Emily thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. at this stage we are in for next Australia Day, God willing.
For a first outing, I thought that, our boat performed admirably, better that the person that built/repaired it did! the Saturday Hiccup is now behind us.
I now have a reasonable list of things to find, repair, rethink or just plain do somthing about. First up wil be get the spanners ourt and tighten up every nut and bolt. Most things got a good shaking.
Second up get a fuel gauge so that I dont have to demolish half the boat to see how much fuel is in the tank. At the top of the trip there wasn't much in the tank.
Great venue and situation. We now know what we may have to bring next time starting with plates and cutlery and for some that will probably be more Beer than eatery stuff. You know who you are!!!

Thanks to all who provided advice and encouragement recently.Your cracking of the whip at me worked.

Heading down the highway on our trip back to the big smoke we caught up with two of the classic plastics on the road. First the guy that had the historic bus and then the guy with the Audi not sure who they were but it would seem we all had the idea of leaving to head home at about the same time.

Darren

Postby Darren » 27 Jan 2015, 23:45

Guys,
I concur fantastic comoradary as always.
As an outside observer, Turner, my mate commented how everyone seamlessly talks to each other, and was "gob smacked "that we get together only a couple of times each year. He also said he felt he was in a Motor Cycle club on the water how we grouped out in a long line and thundered down the river. We all had a fantastic time.
Thank you all who attended and "Bring on next year!
Darren (whoopi) Luke and Turner (Steve)
:D

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 28 Jan 2015, 17:33

Maybe next year I'll come down.

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”