2015 Yarrawonga Wet Together V.4.0

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
hookster

2015 Yarrawonga Wet Together V.4.0

Postby hookster » 10 Sep 2014, 09:27

Alrighty shrimpshaggers the 4th Yarrawonga Wet Together is set to occur Friday 23 January 2015 - Sunday 25th January or maybe through to the Monday if the Unicorn can handle it.

Many of you will be aware that there has been some cross pollination between us and the plastic fraternity lately (Bob Walker having claimed a rare spawn of said interbreeding with the Urinator - plastic hull, timber deck. It is rumoured that such offspring are sterile and can therefore not reproduce. Indeed, they are destined to wander persona non grata between timber and plastic clubs - not really fitting in anywhere in particular. Pretty much homeless.)

Anyway, the plastics are vying with us for photographic stardom in the Yarrawonga Chronicle by holding their own Yarrawonga/Bundalong shindig on the same weekend. Begrudgingly, I will be negotiating with the leader of their sub-species Matt Wayzee to organise a brief conjugal interlude over the weekend. Maybe if we all don our beer/scotch/plastic goggles their boats won't look half bad????

There is a motel available at Woodlands which is within late night sneaking distance of my place. Feel free to PM or phone Andy4541 as he has taken on the role of Head Accommodator (do I detect some misinterpretation of his title???)

Any other queries contact Chivs. God knows he's been to every one of these damn things and can sort out the pissy details that I can't be bothered with. Cheers Y'all!!!! See you there. Jon & Narelle.

4541 Andy

Re: 2015 Yarrawonga Wet Together V.4.0

Postby 4541 Andy » 10 Sep 2014, 10:31

Greetings from Sawdust Manor,
Woodlands Motor Inn will be reopened before the event.Whilst visiting the region recently I spoke with the new manager and snagged a room . He advised that bookings will be through the Yarrawonga Tourist information centre.For those on Facebook, he advises to send them a friend request and you will be kept up to date on progress. The motel aims to provide budget accomodation and also offers camping on the grassed foreshore area as well

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 10 Sep 2014, 11:09

Ahoy all!

Yep Ill be there if I can :shock:

I would say on a serious note that in fairness to Hooks, the Unicorn and kids that people should not rely on their hospitality to camp at there home but seek the recommended accommodation opportunities. Its a fantastic weekend/party and I am sure the Hooksters would enjoy it more with out the worry of looking after the live in guests, except me of course, but Im part of the family no arguments!

Interestingly there has been no mention of Narrandera with only two months or so to go. I have spoken to Greg and believe he may be the only one going this year, so forget the AGM and voting etc,you got it again Greg! :oops:

Cheers from a still sunny and weirdly balmy Tassie!

rumbles

Postby rumbles » 10 Sep 2014, 11:33

well,
I will be coming over to Narrandera from south Australia and would like to think a few more will be going.....

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 10 Sep 2014, 20:34

A very nice post there Mr Hooks. I am often in oar (well, this is a boatie forum isn't it) of your grasp of the English language. May I seek a slight clarification to your message. Is this indeed a kind invitation for free booze, at your place and at the nominated dates, but only open to owners of plastic boats? Now let me think about that …….
Bob W

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 10 Sep 2014, 20:44

Mowta2.jpg
Mowta2.jpg (31.5 KiB) Viewed 9655 times
Preparations for Yarrawonga and Nerandra underway. Not planning on being last to Bundalong this year :x ;)

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 10 Sep 2014, 21:17

Chivs, you're such a nag!

OK, post made regarding this year's event. Also updated on the website's events pages.

I'm going. Who else?

Waywood

Postby Waywood » 12 Sep 2014, 19:48

Thanks Hookster.
I think we can put the 'slingshots and termites' behind us now. I'll at least look the part from a distance, plastic hull timber deck. Looking forward to travelling behind Nick too!! Rare sight last summer. Returning the appreciation we have the weekend in Nov 15-16 at Eppalock for those not on book of faces. Looks to be a great summer
Matt

Ricshaw

Postby Ricshaw » 13 Sep 2014, 11:00

If we ( natural product ) boat owners are to stay at Woodland Motor Inn ...
Will the synthetic owners stay at Plasticland Motor Inn ????
Sounds like fun,, count me in.
Ric...

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 14 Sep 2014, 09:17

I like your way of thinking there Ricshaw. Of course, when Hookster is looking for accommodation, he always asks if they have a punthouse.

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”