melbourne cruise??

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Paul SA

Re: melbourne cruise??

Postby Paul SA » 10 Feb 2010, 17:28

Ok guys 10am is alright i just didnt know how long the cruise would take. I did on with Colin last weekend and it took us 5 hours but we did do a 60km round trip.
Paul

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 15 Feb 2010, 21:01

I went for a look at the Warmies ramp today. It's a hell of a ramp to park a boat at. You either sidle up to the jetties and have someone hold you there or pull your boat up on huge bluestone rocks. And you get to pay $15 for the privilege! Trouble was, I couldn't find anywhere to pay the money.

Does anyone know how this ramp works? Last time I was there there was a (broken) ticket machine.

Greg

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 15 Feb 2010, 21:11

hey greg,
i just googled the ramp and came up with this link

http://www.sportsfish.com.au/boating/bo ... p-bay.html

are any other ramps a possbile option???

brian

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 15 Feb 2010, 21:18

http://www.baum.com.au/ramps/Warmies

looks like we better watch the rocks and might be a case of putting the boats in and waiting for the other boats to be put in rather then tying them up and smahing into the rocks

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 21 Feb 2010, 22:22

It's on.

Not real sure about the weather, but we are going to get there about 1000 and sus it out then.

Greg

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 22 Feb 2010, 09:05

Due to the unpredicatble winds that are forecast, we have effectively cancelled the cruise.

My apologies for any inconvenience, but with strong winds predicted pretty much when we were due back, it's just not worth the risk.

Greg

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 22 Feb 2010, 18:48

hey guys, its a shame they forcasted some crappy weather, myself and a mate ventured down the yarra and had a ball. its a great thing to do and another one should be organised, im keen to go again any time so just say when.

on the way back to the ramp it got abit choppy near the docks but apart from that it was great, we ventured right down thru the city and to the island near rod laver arena ( cant remember the name of the island ) . i was amazed at home many people yelled out from the banks asking if my boat was a seacraft. in the end i just said yes because it wasnt so easy to have a conversation from the boat.

some of the old bridges are cool to look at and see how they did things back in the day, it was a shame we were the only boat to go but i can understand why. hopefully next time we get some nicer weather and a few more boats

brian

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”