Lake Mulwala Rod Run

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Greg
Creator

Lake Mulwala Rod Run

Postby Greg » 19 Jun 2014, 21:11

Yarrawonga is again hosting the Lake Mulwala Rod Run this year and we have been invited back to display boats on Saturday November 8th. Like last year, this is pretty close to Narrandera, in fact, the following weekend.

Several members indicated they were keen to attend but for dragging the boat all the way home and then back again and how it would have been so much easier to have left their boat in Yarrawonga for the week. To address this, secure undercover storage has been arranged for those wishing to attend the display and to leave their boats in Yarrawonga. The storage is available from Monday the 3rd. There is a small charge of $30 for the week.

We are looking at the possibility of running some on water demo runs this year. More on the Rod Run later as details come to hand.

Reklaw

Re: Lake Mulwala Rod Run

Postby Reklaw » 15 Oct 2014, 12:01

Hi Greg.
Just wondering if you have any updates on this. Just had a look at their website. Entries closed on 4th October and no entries accepted after that date. Does that apply to us or just the car entries?
Bob W

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 15 Oct 2014, 13:35

Doesn't apply to us Bob.

We are there at the invitation of the council as part of the overall show. Sunday only, as well.

hookster

Postby hookster » 16 Oct 2014, 08:25

An article on the Rod Run was posted in the Yarrawonga Chronicle yesterday and they made quite a deal of the nostalgic boat display to be held at the foreshore. I'm pretty sure they said it was on the Saturday from 12 noon....I'll check again tonight and confirm the day. I'll definitely be there, and I guess we should start canvassing for numbers of boats intending to be there??? I'm tipping the Grey Nomad will be there with his huge monopoly of Grey Motors :lol: :D

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 18 Oct 2014, 15:08

Jon

Jon

The display is definitely on Saturday, but from about 8:30 - 9:00 am as far as we are concerned.

Boats I believe are coming, as far as I know so far:

So Long II
Pluto
Pagan
Bullitt
Matt's Botterill
Stormy
Aquaholic
Unknown clinker

It seems we are going to be allowed to run them on the water as well, if we wish. Depends on the height of the white caps I guess.

For those going to Narrandera who are contemplating showing their boat but figure it's too soon after Narrandera, there will be provision to drop your boat into secure storage in Yarrawonga for the week on the way back from Narrandera, to save you dragging it all the way back to Melbourne and then up and back again.

hookster

Postby hookster » 21 Oct 2014, 08:24

Greg the whole weekend will be full on as you'd expect so you're right - the earlier we get down there and set up, the better. Grey Nomad has a bbq for us to set up so we can eat off it, and also we can use it as a dance floor later in the afternoon 8-)

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 21 Oct 2014, 18:15

Jon
Yeh, just watch the footwork if he leaves it going

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 08 Nov 2014, 20:53

Just back from the Mulwala rod show. What a great day out! Great company and a wonderful opportunity to engage with the general public regarding our pride and joys. Got to talk to heaps of people and maybe turned up some new leads about Pagan"s past. Thanks John for your work setting this up and helping with boat storage. Pagan got a bit more water time today, and the tweaks I made on the last run at Naranndera have made it better again!!! Bring on Goolwa.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 08 Nov 2014, 21:34

Yep, great day for sure and again, big thanks to John S. for organising it.

yarra 2.jpg
yarra 2.jpg (367.89 KiB) Viewed 8321 times

yarra 1.jpg
yarra 1.jpg (287.81 KiB) Viewed 8317 times

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 08 Nov 2014, 22:05

Had a fantastic day. Thanks John for organising it and a big thanks to Phil for the history lesson on Resurrected. Seems it was called B Pee and was raced in the early 70's. Phil even had some pictures of her in action. He told me the names of the driver and Jockey but of course I have forgotten. Some one Harris. Apparently she originally ran an injected 283. Anyway great day and great to catch up with everyone.
Attachments
Mulwala2.jpg
Mulwala2.jpg (17.56 KiB) Viewed 8286 times
Mulwala1.jpg
Mulwala1.jpg (16.89 KiB) Viewed 8284 times

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”