Get Together

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
hookster

Re: Get Together

Postby hookster » 15 May 2014, 08:37

Herr Kapitan:

Mrs & Mrs Levett will be there, childless. Will be in a childish mood however for the Saturday night action. Do you have ELECTRICITY connected there Greg? We will only require floor space, and I'm not scared to set up my swag in the middle of the dance floor either. :P

We've been asked to provide a sleeping bag for the Van Diemens Land emancipate, so I hope he will be happy with a Thomas The Tank Engine & Friends one, to suit ages 3-6 years. :lol: :lol:

I will bring a boat as well I suppose...

What's the story with firewood around them there parts? Oh, hang on, Andy's bringing a load down so don't worry about doing a wood run.

Lastly, can I suggest that the dress of the day be Op Shop?

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 15 May 2014, 17:52

Thanks Hookster

Electricity here is not a problem - when it's not a problem. I'll get in a couple of mates and extra bicycle type generators for them to peddle through the night to the keep power up. They'll be kept happy with a constant supply of moonshine from my still in the hills up the back. As well, there will also be additional hurricane lamps positioned around the property for lighting.

Plenty of floor space at the moment. If we fill up inside, there's also plenty of space on the verandah :o At this time, there is a bed available for Mr and Mrs Levett, Mr and Mrs Price and Chivs - ah, settle, they're seperate ones.

Re dress ups from the Op Shop is a great idea. Now I won't need to get anything special as I am normally in Op Shop attire anyway.

screwit

Postby screwit » 15 May 2014, 22:03

So our normal attire is ok ! Greg we wont know who's crashing the party if the town folk turn up !!!!
Kangaroo suits would blend in ok ..
May be we could cook the one that's in the vegie patch !!!!!
Ross

Darren

Postby Darren » 15 May 2014, 23:55

Man, the way you guys are talking Im bringing
The bib'n'brace's, the cob pipe, jar of moonshine
an the chewin tobaccy
Yeehaa
:lol:
Darren

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 16 May 2014, 07:38

Don't forget yer banjo !

hookster

Postby hookster » 16 May 2014, 08:30

poo this is really starting to shape up reaaaal pirrty Greg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re the Op Shop attire, extra points will be awarded for selecting items that are not a perfect fit, ie. loose and baggy is good, too tight is much better :oops: :oops:

Also, bonus points will be awarded for accessorising the hell out of yourself. For example, check these two blokes out below at their Op Shop party, and note the fun they are having with their blunderbuss accessory!!!!
Blunderbuss.jpg
Blunderbuss.jpg (97.58 KiB) Viewed 5499 times
If anyone can get hold of a blunderbuss, we might pop out for a spot of pheasant during the festivities. If there are no pheasant to be had then we could rejuvenate that favourite old Aussie pastime of blasting a few road signs - something that has sadly declined of late

And in keeping with the era I will be happy to immortalise in watercolour those that can sit still long enough for a pose. Greg could you rustle up an easel, some watercolours and a stool please? Here's a recent painting I did of the Naval Centenary Celebrations on Sydney Harbour:
naval centenary.jpg
naval centenary.jpg (15.61 KiB) Viewed 5498 times

Darren

Postby Darren » 16 May 2014, 16:25

Gee, you are creative artist Hooks.
Forget the easel Greg.
If Chiv's wears a Demi Moore Wig.
Get out your potters wheel and clay!
;)
Darren
Last edited by Darren on 16 May 2014, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

screwit

Postby screwit » 16 May 2014, 16:35

What's all this talk got to do with boat's unless it is about a flat bottom timber punt for fishing in the dam,
May be we could launch "IMPULSE " in the dam and see who can stand in it the longest ! Loudest person of the night is Capitan !!!!!!

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 17 May 2014, 08:50

Ross

* Unfortunately, a bear came down from the hills last week and took out the kangaroo :shock:
* You are right in that it wouldn't matter whether we dress in kangaroo suits or Op Shop stuff, we will blend in with the locals
* Re Impulse, you sure wouldn't be in for long before it hit the bottom

Hookster

* Don't get too excited about a real party. I don't even have a stereo here. I did have a record player, but the winder broke. The radio (crystal set) reception is a bit fuzzy too
* Nice artwork. You're so talented! I have some left over decking paint, but I don't have an easel. I had a stool yesterday, but flushed it :oops:
* Re Op Shop attire being tight fitting. That'll be easy. All my clothes are tight fitting of late :?

Chivs

* Demi Moore wig. What a turn on

screwit

Postby screwit » 21 May 2014, 20:20

Gents, its time to start wetting out the planks to avoid the cold wet feet feeling !!!

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”