Forster Boaties reunion

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
The Spook

Forster Boaties reunion

Postby The Spook » 21 Feb 2014, 00:02

Hi all

Does anyone on this forum know when the Forster boaties reunion is on this year?

Spook

Reklaw

Re: Forster Boaties reunion

Postby Reklaw » 21 Feb 2014, 08:24

Hi Bob. It's usually the first weekend of July, as you probably know. I'm surprised that the Taree guys didn't give you an answer on the other forum. The Taree Power Boat Club website hasn't been updated, it still shows the 2013 details. Could try contacting the Taree Secretary at secretary@tareepowerboatclub.org.au
Bob

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 21 Feb 2014, 12:25

I've always known that it is June/July time frame, but at the moment it appears to be a bit of a secret.

I had been told it would probably be the second weekend in July. I didn't think that it was a state secret though, which is why I put it on the forum as a general question. I'm sure that I will not be the only person interested in the weekend at Forster.

Spook

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 22 Feb 2014, 08:07

Thanks Reklaw

Its apparently on the 5th and 6th of July as you suggested.

Spook

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Apr 2014, 14:41

Hi to you all.
Just to bring you up to speed with the Forster Weekend. Yes it is on the 5th and 6th of July this year. The format will be the same as previous years. Saturday will be scrutineering and on water activities, and Sunday will be water activities as usual. I use the words activity or display as you are aware we do not RACE on this weekend. It will always remain a fun weekend and we try to keep like types of boats on the water together to make for fun "challenges". All types of boats are welcome to run OR to display on the Park adjacent the river. The weekend is part of The Taree Aquatic Power Boat Club calender of events and therefore for some very good reasons we are under the APBA banner hence specific safety rules apply to have your boat on the water over the weekend. Saturday night will be a dinner get together but shall be completely informal and not an organised function. It will be at a Club Bistro, buy your own meal, the location has not yet been finalised. I will let you know as soon as we have the answers. Fred Williams is on a holiday at this time but I will be able to assst you with any questions you have. Fred has a long list of contacts and a flyer with all the usual information will be posted as soon as practicable. Remember ALL are welcome to this fun event.

Peter

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 27 Jun 2014, 18:49

This is coming up soon. I hope to see plenty of vintage boats there.

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 27 Jun 2014, 19:35

Hi all

At this stage I am attending with The Spook.

Bob

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 05 Jul 2014, 16:32

Looks like a great roll up of boats. Half a dozen hydros aand about the same nunber of skiffs. A few runabouts and more modern racers.
The spook is flying and the old flat bottoms are awsome to watch.
Atomic is sorted as well.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 06 Jul 2014, 23:30

I had an awsome weekend. Atomic is sorted and flying although it sprung a pretty severe leak which needed a bush mechanic remedy. Its running the fastest it has ever run.

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 07 Jul 2014, 10:28

Thanks Dave for your comment re The Spook.

I had a ball. On the Sat morning when I got on the water I took about three laps to warm the engine up and then I decided to go as hard as I could and discovered that up until the weekend the problem was that I hadn't been driving it hard enough. The harder I drove it the better it went. I spent about ten laps just wringing her neck and it was absolutely incredible.

At the end of the first session on the Saturday morning the tacho memory showed 6800, at the end of the second session in the afternoon it showed 6900 and at the end of the day on Sunday it was showing 7000. At those revs it had to be pulling into the low 100 mph ballpark at the end of the straights.

I'm absolutely stoked.

Bob

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”