Forster Boaties reunion

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Reklaw

Re: Forster Boaties reunion

Postby Reklaw » 07 Jul 2014, 17:03

Sure was a great weekend.
The best "demonstration runs" were the hydro's, the last one on Sunday being the best. Four hydro's on the water, Dave in Atomic, Bob in Spook, Pete (aka reddwarf) in Thrifty Too and Graham Guiles in his forward control hydro all going like buggery. The venue at Forster is a not so wide river.The boats go past you only about 30 feet from the bank, so it's quite a buzz.
Also having Danny Maguire in Chevy and Grant Torrens in Torrens Title, both blown big block sangers go past at about 130 mph with blowers screaming gets the adrenalin flowing.
I had a drive of Atomic on the Saturday (thanks for that Dave) but chickened out with the further offer of a drive on the Sunday.
Spent most of my time as "ramp boy" getting those bloody hydro's in and out of the water on a ramp that was about 10 foot too short and the trailer wheels went over the edge into no man's land.
Had to attack Spooks mudguards with an angle grinder after they got all bent up on the ramp. Sorry 'bout that Bob!
Hope there's some pics or footage kicking around.
Bob W

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 07 Jul 2014, 17:08

Just found this clip from NBN News in the lead up to the weekend.

http://www.nbnnews.com.au/index.php/201 ... -for-2014/

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 07 Jul 2014, 19:04

As usual four million people on the bank with cameras and nothing posted up anywhere. Would love to see some footage of the hydros running. My film man had a technical difficulty so no footage.

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 07 Jul 2014, 19:26

Hi Dave, It seems that Facebook is the favoured place to post photos of the weekend,there are a couple of good ones of Atomic on Australian speed boat community page, but you will need to join Facebook to view them
Andy

4541 Andy

Postby 4541 Andy » 07 Jul 2014, 20:46

Here you go Dave
image.jpg
image.jpg (22.49 KiB) Viewed 6695 times

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 07 Jul 2014, 21:03

Bob Walker

Thanks for all of your help getting Spook in and out of the water. I have spent today cleaning and washing the boat, flushing the heat exchanger and running the engine for a few minutes to ensure its properly dried out.

I also pulled the right hand mudguard off and cut the front off it, then bashed it back into shape and put it back on. With a bit of luck I will get the other one done tomorrow.

Well done Dave for your continuing efforts to keep Atomic going. It was very impressive to see it out on the water again.

Overall it was a great weekend.

Bob

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 08 Jul 2014, 14:37

No prob's Bob.

Bob W

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 08 Jul 2014, 17:55

There's some pics on the Taree Power Boat Club site. Here's a link.

http://www.tareepowerboatclub.org.au/ht ... ter14.html

Darren

Postby Darren » 08 Jul 2014, 23:59

Sounds fantastic Guys!
Its such a trek for us, but I'd enjoy an extra meeting of demonstrationing.
Was there any wood outside the hydro's?
Pretty jealous down here!
Darren

Reklaw

Postby Reklaw » 09 Jul 2014, 07:15

Hi Darren,
Not many logs in the water this time around, but a few on display on the bank. There were a few skiffs. Phoenix, the 202 powered Burt built glass / timber skiff, Whisky, a glass / timber skiff much the same as Phoenix but with a 283 Chev in it and Zarac, a Storm skiff powered by a side plate holden. There's pics of them in the link above. Incidentally, the guys are now doing 4 more skiffs like Whisky with a view to running V6 Commodore donks in them. Sounds like a new class of skiff racing/demonstrating in the making. Also incidentally, these skiffs are basically a flop of Flea.
Bob W

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”