23rd feb Eppalock picnic day

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Greg
Creator

Re: 23rd feb Eppalock picnic day

Postby Greg » 24 Feb 2014, 06:50

Disappointing breaking a rotor button, but at least it's an easy fix.

Most clinkers leak at varying amounts. They do take up after wetting out, again to varying degrees. With your boat having been out of the water for some time, I reckon the hull would have been pretty dry and will take some time to swell up. Solid planked boats will always take up more than ply planks. Theoretically, ply planks really shouldn't expand at all, but there are plenty of ply planked boats around that tighten up with time on the water. Bilge pumps are a wonderful thing. Did you put water in it prior to Sunday? Refer to Ross's posts regarding wetting out his skiff.

It turns out you could have towed the boat onto the island as a land bridge had appeared with the lake levels down somewhat. It was a great spot made even better by a very warm day and a flat lake.

We had a great afternoon, once a couple of us found the island (which was no longer an island).

Great to meet you Matt and to catch up again with Ron and (other) Matt.

Dscn0315.jpg
Dscn0315.jpg (324.51 KiB) Viewed 2536 times

Waywood

Re: 23rd feb Eppalock picnic day

Postby Waywood » 24 Feb 2014, 11:15

Thanks for coming Greg and not giving up looking for us even though your saw most of the lake (even with 2 maps?). I'm not sure it was a good idea bringing those fine wooden boats as its only Monday and I feel a strong timber addiction already. No doubt I will organise more days before the weather drops off.

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”