IPBC Race Day

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
The Spook

IPBC Race Day

Postby The Spook » 16 Oct 2009, 21:30

The next race day of the IPBC Inc will be held on the 6th of December.

Spook

bootlegger

Re: IPBC Race Day

Postby bootlegger » 07 Dec 2009, 09:08

Had a great day yesterday at the race meet. Renegade ran real well all weekend. It even won a peoples choice trophy. At the presentation someone yelled out "he needs a trophy for the biggest balls".

Thanks to everyone involved for putting on a great meet.

Everyone should get behing these days. You turn up, pay your money and run what ya brung.

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 09 Dec 2009, 17:39

Folks

Just a couple of comments regarding Daves post above.

We are focused upon people coming along and having an enjoyable day and going home with a smile on their dial.

However this does not mean that we are not safety concious. Any boat that comes to race with us will be subject to intensive scrutineering for safety reasons.

Kill switches are mandatory as are helmets, driving suits (overalls will suffice),lifejackets with leg straps and appropriate footware.

Apart from that Dave is correct, run what you brung and have a good day at the races.

Regards
The Spook

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 10 Dec 2009, 08:13

The Spook wrote:Folks

Just a couple of comments regarding Daves post above.

We are focused upon people coming along and having an enjoyable day and going home with a smile on their dial.

However this does not mean that we are not safety concious. Any boat that comes to race with us will be subject to intensive scrutineering for safety reasons.

Kill switches are mandatory as are helmets, driving suits (overalls will suffice),lifejackets with leg straps and appropriate footware.

Apart from that Dave is correct, run what you brung and have a good day at the races.

Regards
The Spook

Sorry Bob just so used to the process that I took it for granted that others would do the same. :D

Nick

Postby Nick » 10 Dec 2009, 18:08

Has any one got any Photo's of this event?

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 13 Dec 2009, 09:10

Dave

No need for an apology mate. I really appreciated your comments,and it was a good day.

However there may be people out there with little or no experience in racing who are not aware that scrutineering is a standard practice for all race clubs, as is basic driving gear. We want to see them come along and enjoy a day with us as well.

I'm sure that most boats would pass scrutineering, except maybe for the kill switch setup. A kill switch just means that if the driver is ejected from the boat the engine stops immediately and the boat comes to a halt and is not a driverless moving hazard.

We are not just interested in people coming along with race boats. We want to encourage people with ski boats (no skiers), wooden boats, hydro's and if they're interested jet ski's as well. There is no requirement for an APBA licence, however you must have a current State Boating Authority licence and your boat/craft must be registered.

Spook

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 13 Dec 2009, 15:41

awesome, whens the next one???
i'll drag me lil bond wood up and have some fun

brian

The Spook

Postby The Spook » 11 Feb 2010, 16:59

28th of Feb

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”