Lake Macquarie / Glenbawn Dam

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
viteau

Re: Lake Macquarie / Glenbawn Dam

Postby viteau » 12 Dec 2013, 22:50

Boat ramps are funny places to be during peak times when you get the guys whom can't reverse a trailer to save themselves and the others who don't care about others that may be waiting. I didn't realise how big the dam is until you wrote about the distances needs to get good water. I am sure that it will be a great weekend and looking forward cruising around and the odd ski if the body can handle it. Cheers

JamesW

Postby JamesW » 30 Dec 2013, 22:07

Glenbawn Dam: Neil and I will be there on the 2nd and 3rd.

Went for a ski this afternoon. escaped from the wakeboard boats, jet skis etc and as usual the bays up the back were void of ski boats and only the odd fishing boat off in the trees, daughter/wife and I had a few skis each then my wife successfully got up on the wakeboard several times! Going out again tomorrow evening.

Echo Too has been grumpy. found fuel filter full of water and after stripping both carbs, and cleaning out a lot of crap it ran perfectly today :D .

On my way into the dam today a fellow waved us down and told me that he had a timber boat he wants to sell, he was doing it up for his kids but they have no interest. I will have a look and take some pictures over the next couple of days!

Cheers,
James

nool

Postby nool » 06 Jan 2014, 08:58

Hi All,
Just back from a quick trip up to Muswellbrook to visit James and have a ski on Lake Glenbawn.
Many thanks to James for his hospitality and to the Bureau of Meterology for the good weather....

Cheers!

Neil

viteau

Postby viteau » 06 Jan 2014, 11:42

Fantastic shots, sorry I couldn't make it but hopefully be there this Friday and off to bonnells on Saturday. James, I will give you a call tonight. Cheers Chris

JamesW

Postby JamesW » 10 Jan 2014, 20:58

Viteau brought Chris along to Glenbawn Dam today for a run :D :D :D !

Flat water.

Just cruising.

This blokes grin muscles are going to hurt as much as the rest of him.

Bye.

Just been trying to make the pictures bigger. Imageshack has changed something!

See you all on Sunday,
James

viteau

Postby viteau » 10 Jan 2014, 22:10

Fantastic day out a huge thanks to James and Robert(camera man). I just have to get a new prop to give echo too a run for its money. See you all on Sunday. Cheers Chris

viteau

Postby viteau » 10 Jan 2014, 22:17

James, you are right the water was so sweet that's after my 5 attempts at deep water starts. I will have sore arms in the morning and it's all worth it.

Renojet

Postby Renojet » 11 Jan 2014, 12:44

Hi all. Sorry I can`t make it to Bonnells Bay, have a great day. I will have to wait for the photos.
Frank.

JamesW

Postby JamesW » 12 Jan 2014, 00:41

Frank, sorry to hear you can't make it to Bonnells Bay, did you make it up to Glenbawn Dam over Christmas?

James,

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”