Narrandera

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
ikoolmarz

Re: Narrandera

Postby ikoolmarz » 21 Oct 2009, 20:33

Greg : you can confirm 15 boats . Doc & myself are cummin up with hustler. We ran her on Tuesday ,ran better than ever . didnt get a chance to play with props , maybe up there, see how we go talk soon
MARZ

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 21 Oct 2009, 21:19

Brian Renegade is running an injected 144 Falcon six on methanol.
I just got back from running it again. Looks like its not overheating now.
I used to run open pipes. They rusted out so I fitted the mufflers I had for it. There is a water outlet from the thermostat housing that when running the open pipes had a 1/2in water hose just dumping water over the side. With the mufflers I had this pipe plumbed into the pipes.
I think they didnt flow enough to cool that part of the head so all the water was coming out of one end.
The only problem now is the motor will only rev to 4500 to 5000rpm (should run to 7200). Once it tries to go over that it falls over.By the end of the run it sounded like it was running on 5 cylinders. I thought I might have a blocked injector but no luck. Anyone out there got a magneto to suit, a normal twin point dissy or a stock one I could try. The one I have is an old three lobe type. They are useless. One set of points runs three cylinders and the other runs the other three. Its always been a pain since I got it.
Tommorrow Ill put new plugs and points. Fingers crossed.

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 22 Oct 2009, 00:19

Hey Dave are you sure that it's not flooding? I had the same problem with rebound on injection. Often fuel flooding and starving fdeels exactly the same.

Bob

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 22 Oct 2009, 08:00

Bob Vic wrote:Hey Dave are you sure that it's not flooding? I had the same problem with rebound on injection. Often fuel flooding and starving fdeels exactly the same.

Bob

Ive been up al night thinking about that. I dont have a book on setting the injection up but it ran fine before on this setup. I have some larger pills and some smaller injectors which will make it run leaner.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 22 Oct 2009, 20:37

A very recent check shows the lake is full and the forecast is for high 20's on Saturday and mid 20's on Sunday, with light winds for both days, so all is looking good.

I'm heading off tomorrow, the earlier the better, but that depends on "She who will be obeyed".

To all those comong, have a safe trip. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone again as well as meeting some new people.

Greg

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 23 Oct 2009, 08:54

See you all there - I'm outa here :D

Greg

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 25 Oct 2009, 23:55

Just got home after our best ever run at Narrandera. Both boats in good shape and Rebound is finally getting to handle better. Only slight bruising with Rebound for the weekend outing - busted mechanical tacho drive box, gearbox oil filler fell off but worst was cav plate adjuster -busted clean through! Not sre how we'll fix this ojne but there will be a way. Does anyone have a spare Lewis starboard cav plate adjuster laying about?

Turbo Fire all good - finally we've got the right prop for the Chrysler. We'll be there at Yarrawonga with Rebound - looking forward to it already.

Many thanks to Greg Carr once again for the dedicated & hard work that goes into organising & running the event. Much appreciated from our family Greg.

Bob

Paul SA

Postby Paul SA » 26 Oct 2009, 17:00

Ok got home about 2pm all safe and well. Had a great week end weather was fantastic and the boat went well,still a bit of ajusting to get it right but will fix in the end. Glad to see no boat dramers this year with all and no one hurt cant wait for the next one.
Paul and Family

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 26 Oct 2009, 17:28

Just lobbed home at about 4pm - nice easy trip. Hope everyone else has the same.

Fabulous weekend. I make it as 19 boats in the water plus a couple of boats brought along for show by their owners. Thanks everyone who came along to make this such a gret couple of days. We came from as far as Tassie and Darwin this year. Does that say something?

As has been said, not much carnage, which is a great thing (maybe we're getting better at this).

Thanks for the thanks Bob - all worth it when it turns out like it did. Wasn't it great having the lake all to ourselves?

Greg

Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (396.06 KiB) Viewed 7277 times

Alan

Postby Alan » 26 Oct 2009, 19:20

Great weekend,
lots of new boat to admire and drive. Thank god we missed that rain, and yep it sure was good to have the water all to ourselves.
Can't wait till the next get together.

Alan.

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”