Narrandera

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
DaveD

Narrandera

Postby DaveD » 12 Aug 2009, 17:48

OK, thought it might be time to start talking about Narrandera.
Hows the water level, anybody heard?
Is the Lake going to be closed to the public?

Now that we have a website with a concise address, should we include cawpba.com on the back of T-shirts?

Jayme II moving slowly towards launch, fired up the motor last weekend, looking forward to test run & Narrandera.

Dave

bauchy

Re: Narrandera

Postby bauchy » 13 Aug 2009, 21:44

yeh its going to be here soon, im sure there will be more then one boat being rushed to get finished. i know ive got two

brian

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 14 Aug 2009, 08:37

Dave

The lake is full at the moment, but as in previous years, there's never any gaurantees. Just as long as we don't get a repeat of 2007.

As for a closed lake, I am still working through the Aquatic Licence application and Risk Assessment.

Greg

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 14 Aug 2009, 10:04

Regards the shirts, if anyone has a suggestion as to what should be on this year's shirt, please let me know ( nh35_stormy@bigpond.com ). I haven't even looked at shirts yet and doubt I will have the time this year to do the art work, as previously. This will probably mean a change in the method of printing - ie, more a photgraph on the T-shirt.

Dave's suggestion of the web address is certainly a consideration.

Greg

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 14 Aug 2009, 19:09

hey guys,

i was thinking of ideas that would create abit more interest and encourage a few more boats to come to nerrandera.

the only one i could think of that might be good would be running a " peoples choice award " which would be voted by the people for favourite boat at nerrandera.

the boat that gets the award could be featured on next years shirt?

this could be announced at the saturday night bbq and the winner recieve a small trophy. i think it would encourage people to give the old boats abit of a polish and get them on the water abit more so people see and hear them. also getting everybody involved somehow would encourage people without boats to come along and have a look.

i dont think it would be to hard to organise, get some forms printed up, a box to put the entrys into and a small trophy for the winner. i know id be keen to support it somehow and id love to have one of my boats on next years shirts.

any one else have an ideas????

brian

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 Aug 2009, 20:02

Regards the shirts, if anyone has a suggestion as to what should be on this year's shirt, please let me know

How about
I'VE GOT A WOODY

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 14 Aug 2009, 20:46

Brian we kind of have a peoples choice already for the weekend. Im against any sort of competition for the best boat. They are all great in there own way.

Sunbeam11

Postby Sunbeam11 » 14 Aug 2009, 21:17

Pull me up if this has already been tried here fella's, and bear in mind Ive only been to one Annual wet togeather (2008 Nerrandera) and then I had to leave Sat. Arvo for an important family function........therfore missing the after dark fun fun stuff, as well as the formal items on the agenda.
firstly..... Bauchy, your idea sounds good to me....and taking that idea further.... what about a collection of catergories for awards or even just recognition/appreciation for the hard work etc owners put in. eg. oldest boat, fastest boat, best presented engine, boat closest to original, best top deck, best exhaust note/sound, most unusual/unique feature, best trailer, even one for, most leakiest, or what the F@%# is that;) ... etc........the list could go on and its a matter of where to draw the line.
This may even inspire a few undecideds to say... hey........my old girl might pick up a prize, maybe I should go. :o
(I'm talking about the boats fella's....not the missus...then again.....I dont know what goes on after dark at these doo's) :shock:
anyway.....just a thought

Sunbeam11

Postby Sunbeam11 » 14 Aug 2009, 21:36

hey Dave P....you posted whilst I was typing, ( I'm a slow typist :roll: ) and I missed your thoughts until I had posted.....so please dont think I was ignoring your comments....
maybe that's whats good about the weekend.......nothing too serious or formal... Im easy
cheers
Peter G

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 14 Aug 2009, 22:16

ok dave, i didnt know this as i hadnt seen anything in regards to it before.
my idea wasnt to pick the best boat, it was more to get people involved and have some input from everyone even if they dont have a boat. just thought it'd be a good way to grow interest in the club.

was just an idea. i'll be happy to go to nerranderra and sit around and just look at boats

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”