Narrandera

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Paul SA

Re: Narrandera

Postby Paul SA » 16 Sep 2009, 20:05

No pic yet i will snap a few off when we put it in the water in a couple of weeks.
Paul

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 21 Sep 2009, 10:48

We are down to about a month now until Narrandera and I am about to put the final order for shirts in. We are still way below our target of 50 shirts, so they may be a little dearer this year. I you require a shirt, I need to know now.

Greg

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 21 Sep 2009, 13:33

Hi Greg,
Do we have a list of people & boats that are going?
The Drewer clan will be there with Jayme II.

Does anybody plan to stay longer than just the weekend?

Dave

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 21 Sep 2009, 14:09

Dave

So far this is what I have:

Greg C, Stormy
Paul S, Ol' Skool
Colin B, Friski
Bob C, Rebound
Brenda C, Turbo-Fire
Dave D, Jamie II
Doug B, Electric Girl
Dave P, TBA
Brian B, HuHa
Alan P, Butterbox
Rick S, TBA
Darren C, TBA
Bernie S, Vamoose
Leigh T, Nailed
Chris C, Tomboy
Scott B, Redskin

I am also expecting to see Dave P with Puff and Peter M with Zarak. Numbers are starting to look good!

There will be others with and others without boats, but nothing confirmed.

An Aquatic Licence has been issued to us, meaning we have exclusive use of the lake during the day over the weekend.

Greg

Alan

Postby Alan » 21 Sep 2009, 15:19

Dave
I plan to be there Friday, and leave Monday.

Alan.

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 21 Sep 2009, 15:38

Thanks Alan,
We,ll arrive on Friday. I,ve taken the following week off work so we can head back slowly so will probably stay until at least Monday.

Greg,
Its good we,ve got the aquatic licence.
Does that affect the NSW rules that the Marine Inspector was mentioning last year he would be enforcing this year?
Seem to recall something about requiring an anchor, this is not required in SA for inland waters.
Are there any rule differences we need to be aware of? Dave Pagano, whats your thoughts?
Club insurance will cover the weekend then?

Dave

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 21 Sep 2009, 20:34

I doubt whether a waterways guy would be that hard on us re an anchor. If he did check us out he would be definetly looking for life jackets, rego etc. Ive always found them to be really reasonable (not like coppers).

Lets face it he didnt have any problem with me running my hydro with zoomies on it last year.

If he did find something wrong he would let you sort it out or give you a warning (unless you did something really wrong or stupid).

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 21 Sep 2009, 21:34

Dave

Part of the Aquatic Licence is that all boats will conform with the NSW Maritime requirements for the operation of a boat in NSW waters. This is a social get together, not a race meet.

Club insurance will cover the weekened, but you will still need to have a boat driver's licence and for the boats to be registered. All will be revealed when the newsletter comes out in several days time, but it will be no different to the way we should all be operating a boat anyway. There is no compromise for safety.

Greg

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 21 Sep 2009, 23:23

hey guys,

its great to see we have the lake to ourselfs.
it doesnt look like i will have my clinker done for nerrandera as ive been flat out working and just cant seem to find the time to get all the small things done. it will be done for the event on at mulwala for sure so that is my new aim.

i wont be coming without a boat so im bringing my lil 15 foot bond wood, currently the engine is in bits in the shed but it should be together by the end of the weekend. i cant wait to get the skis out and have a weekend meeting new people and talking to people ive already met.

is the boat " nailed " that is owned by leigh t, the syndicate on youtube at the ssboc get together???? i hope so cause that boat ticks all my boxs and would love to see it at nerrandera.

brian

Bob Vic

Postby Bob Vic » 22 Sep 2009, 09:18

Greg we are planning on having both Turbo Fire & Rebound at Narrandera. I planned on repairing the cav plate on Rebound last weekend - there was a bit of flakey timber starting to pull out of the top lamination. I was going to clean it out and cut a fillet then epoxy it in, but when I got in to it I realised that the rot was a bit more extensive. So this weekend the top of the cav plate is coming off and a new sheet will be laminated on. That's the plan.

Bob

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”