Goolwa April 2013

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Chivs

Re: Goolwa April 2013

Postby Chivs » 17 Apr 2013, 17:16

And possibly too big? Perhaps you should try a smaller prop Darren to be competative or get more spirit to demonstrate effectively, just saying. :twisted:

Darren

Postby Darren » 17 Apr 2013, 17:20

Captain mate Captain mate cob, The only thing that was too big was the pigeon next to me!
;)
Darren

fatpigeon

Postby fatpigeon » 17 Apr 2013, 19:26

Arrived safe and sound on the small island today !

Thanks to the GAC and all the volunteers for a great weekend. The Aquafest is a great concept that allows us "vintage" boat guys to have a go without the APBA crap. Other independant clubs in NSW and Vic would do well to stage similar events, I'm sure they would be well supported.

Thanks also to Chivs for piloting Jupiter so well, the "young lad" from tassie had Jupiter absolutely flying when conditions allowed. Thanks to Mrs Prices' pit crew services for getting Old Flame on the water. Old Flame was running hard and getting plenty of air time for one and half days until it spat a spark plug , a few did threaten to pull a lead to slow it down !

Jeff and others ...great photos , keep them coming....Darren, without the fat pigeon as ballast the photo wouldn't be as good , or did Scubcat slip on a banana as it rounded the buoy ?

To CAWPBA members who attended Goolwa , thanks for the comradery and all the laughs, and to Mrs Carr for putting up with us all.

I will be checking my video soon, watch this space !

Stuart

Thommo

Postby Thommo » 17 Apr 2013, 20:07

Glad to hear our longest distance entrants have made it home safely.
I had the best days out yet with the Linda-K, being able to run around with boats of similar size and speed.
Old Flame is a killer little skiff 8-)

dazza66

Postby dazza66 » 18 Apr 2013, 11:02

Had a great weekend had a good run with the skiffs and is still going.
Darren

fatpigeon

Postby fatpigeon » 18 Apr 2013, 19:56

Gopro helmet cam worked a treat. Video clearly shows a spray of water direct into the ram tubes (carby) of Old Flame , could this have caused the spark plug to burnout.... Or worse ? Haven't performed the autopsy yet .
Also great footage of Scrubcat in the butchers picnic.

Will work out how to post on YouTube soon.

Stuart

fatpigeon

Postby fatpigeon » 21 Apr 2013, 20:49

"Old Flame " good to go , compression all good, new plugs, jets cleaned, change the oil and test.

Any updates on other boats .... Impact ?

Stuart

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 21 Apr 2013, 22:07

Still haven't had a look yet Stuart. Too busy driving trains. Hopefully towards the end of next week.

Greg

Darren

Postby Darren » 21 Apr 2013, 22:43

Scrubcat sits where I left it on Monday night, although a new prop is being shaped at present.
I have a couple more samples from Roger Foster the photographer. I post when I get a chance.
:)
Darren

Renojet

Postby Renojet » 22 Apr 2013, 17:16

I am still travelling in Victoria on our way home from SA. I will pick up The Jet next Monday from Shepparton (where I left it with a friend last Friday) and then head home, so won't get a chance to do anything to it for a while. I have ordered a fuel mixture gauge that will work on Methanol so will finally be able to sort out the correct mixture.
Imagine my surprise last Saturday when on Castlemaine station to have a look at a steam engine when I heard a familiar voice which turned out to be our intrepid leader Greg!! There he was resplendent in his blue train drivers outfit, what a shame I didn't have my camera at the time!! He climbed into the drivers seat lounging out the window like he owned the engine, he then took off for Maldon with a bit of wheel spin. Hope you and the family enjoyed the rest of the day Greg. You obviously got back safely as we saw the engine in the yard on Sunday.
Frank

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”