NSW Get Together?

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
JamesW

Re: NSW Get Together?

Postby JamesW » 03 Dec 2012, 22:03

Spoke with Dave today and discussed a venue that would be more accessible (Glenbawn Dam is at least 4 hours from Sydney). Came up with Raymond Terrace after he convinced me that my boat would not immediately explode from touching salty water!

So a proposed venue and date;

Raymond Terrace Boat Club
January Damn just came up with the Yarrawonga date so how about
January 19 or 20?

I'm easy with either Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers,
James

nool

Postby nool » 04 Dec 2012, 07:38

Hi James,
Sounds good to me. That's just over 2 hours from Sydney. Easy done. We'll probably come up Saturday and stay the night and make a weekend out of it. So either day (or both...) is fine with me.

If its only the odd outing, if you wash down and flush thoroughly after the run the salt won't be an issue. Mystress is almost always used in salt water though as all the waterways near me are salt. So I have had to put a bit of effort into protecting steel bits to keep it in good nick.

Cheers!

Neil

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 04 Dec 2012, 13:00

My wife is trying to get me to go to new zealand at that time. Ill get back to you. Does it matter if we clash with the yarra date. Not trying to tread on any toes if some people from up here are going down or visa versa.

JamesW

Postby JamesW » 04 Dec 2012, 13:54

The Yarrawonga date 12/13, is the one that also suits me best and what I originally posted before I felt shivers down my spine and edited only moments later! Just don't want to upset any mullet heads!

Any comments appreciated (do I need to duck :)?). 0427918605

viteau

Postby viteau » 04 Dec 2012, 15:39

Thats sounds good. I have been there before but wasn't 100% sure of which part of the hunter river is open water as upstream a bit is restricted to 8 knots. Cheers chris

hookster

Postby hookster » 04 Dec 2012, 16:53

Don't worry about the dates clashing James, if you frig around too much trying to keep everyone happy it will all get too hard and fall over. Pick a date and go for it!!! Nool was intending to come down to Yarrawonga, so that may be an issue for him - I'll let you guys work that one out.

All the best with it anyway, any wet together can only be a good thing and the more the better :lol: Cheers mate and good on you for getting it up and running, Jon.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 04 Dec 2012, 17:28

I guss we need to find out if its speed restricted

JamesW

Postby JamesW » 04 Dec 2012, 20:27

Just rang Jon from Raymond Terrace Acquatic Club to discuss speed zones, ramps etc. The only issue he had was that there would be a fair ammount of ramp and boat traffic, tides and a sand bar to be aware of! They run racing type events which don't start up until Febuary.

Thanks,

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 04 Dec 2012, 22:30

If that doesnt work i reckon we might be able to something at toronto. We could tie up at the dock where they have the wooden boat festival. Ill find out more about raymond terrace. I was up ther a couple of weeks ago. Its a nice spot but i know nothing about the waterway or where we would tie up.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 17 Dec 2012, 21:16

I just got off the phone and the offer is out there for bonnells bay lake macquarie. It sounds perfect being sheltered and a sandy beach.
There is three ramps and at least four other wooden speedboaters that are keen to run there.
If you are keen it might be the place to meet up.
Its just off the morriset turn off.
Dave

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”