Pre Nerrandra get together

Notification and details of upcoming club and related events
Greg
Creator

Re: Pre Nerrandra get together

Postby Greg » 28 Sep 2012, 16:20

We need a venue for Sunday.

I was thinking of Derrinal ramp area (up through Heathcote), but if it's a decent day, it gets crowded. Maybe around the other side near the Kimbolton kiost might be a better option.

Any suggestions?
Greg

screwit

Postby screwit » 28 Sep 2012, 17:05

yes would be better as the Derrinal ramp is rock lined and hard to find some where to beach a boat
Ross

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 29 Sep 2012, 21:13

Happy with either place, but do like to hang out at the kiosk so my vote. Either way you need to bring a tire to pull the boat up safely. I have developed a strong preference for Cairn Curran over Eppalock because of its nice sandy beaches. Looking forward to the day very much. Any idea of a meeting time?
Regards
Nick

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 30 Sep 2012, 07:21

Well, let's make it the Kimbolton Kiosk at 1100ish.

The kiosk is just off the road. a short distance down from the intersection of the Kimbolton-Axdedale, Bendigo-Redesdale and Strathfieldsaye roads. Refer http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=kimbol ... CAsQ_AUoAg

Greg

hookster

Postby hookster » 04 Oct 2012, 08:07

I'm working frantically to get Bullitt finished or at least ready to run, at this stage motor is still out and have a bit to do to deck still, see how we go.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 06 Oct 2012, 08:01

Getting there Hookster? Hope so.

The weather isn't looking all that great, but the day is still happening. Hope everyone can make it.

Greg

hookster

Postby hookster » 06 Oct 2012, 09:15

Not going to make it Greg, time's too short leading up to Nerandera and I've still got a bit to go yet. I put the motor back in yesterday, got new exhaust manifolds to fit and new exhaust to fabricate, deck needs more coats, wiring not even looked at yet. I am keen as anything to get the boat over there with you guys, maybe Feb-March next year? March long weekend? There's no reason why these get togethers can't happen more frequently, particularly in the summer months. Have a good day though, please accept my apologies, Jon.

screwit

Postby screwit » 06 Oct 2012, 10:55

Screwit is not going to make it tomorrow, pulled the head off this morning as I suspected a head gasket leaking and it was, but all so has a burnt piston so I will have to wait for my new motor to be completed
Bugger!!!!!!!
Ross

Alan

Postby Alan » 07 Oct 2012, 08:35

Damn Ross,
are you sure bugger was the word you used? good timing as well, are you still coming out for a chat?
Just packing the lunch box, should be on the way by 9:00am (daylight savings time)

Alan.

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 07 Oct 2012, 19:08

I had a great day out. Thanks for organising it Greg and thank you so much Allan for all your working getting back my horsepower! It was great to be there for Kestrel's launching and as always lots of fun to drive other peoples boats. It gives me so much to aspire too. Screwit and Vintage Red are so similar to suffrajet and so much nice to drive. Looks like I am in for more work, or perhaps I sould just take a leaf out of Peter's book and just build a new Glen L :?: She looked great on the lake and was fantastic to ride in. A lovely piece of work Peter
Thanks to all
Nick
Attachments
untiled 1.jpg
untiled 1.jpg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 5797 times

Return to “Get Togethers and Events”