German Clinker what do you rekon??

All things general in here
Stu

German Clinker what do you rekon??

Postby Stu » 28 Nov 2011, 22:03

Hi all been a while!!

looked at a clinker of unknown ancestry on the weekend.... check out the photos and tell me what you think
http://www.kalaydo.de/kleinanzeigen/mot ... /24737257/
All the best

Stu

Greg
Creator

Re: German Clinker what do you rekon??

Postby Greg » 09 Dec 2011, 16:12

G'day Stu

Missed this post. Great to see you back in the system.

Nice unit, partial restoration completed. Still got the 1963 Merc with it. An easy project for a man of your talents.

How are things over there, starting to cool down a bit now, no doubr.

Greg

Stu

Postby Stu » 10 Dec 2011, 01:15

Hi Greg,

well I went and looked at it like I said......thought a bit about it....did some barganing but couldnt get it down to what the missus was prepaired to accept, so unfortunately its not in my garage. The guy doesnt have any other buyers at the moment so he said when I'm ready I should ring him again.

The only problem would have been a few rotted spots in the stem where it meets the deck. In one of the photos you can see where two of the planks are beginning to rot where they meet up with the stem (the second plank from the top left and right they are already black).

The other problem is time like most of us know......and a question from my wife "why do I you need another project boat when the other one isnt finished yet???" my answer was that this one could be finished before next summer...... and yes its a bit cool here at the moment.

All the best

Stu

Chivs

Postby Chivs » 10 Dec 2011, 21:09

I think most of us that have more than one have been asked that question Stu!

My answer was simply, I dont need another boat but I would like one.

If that is not understood by the fair one, perhaps she might relate to a lady can not have too many shoes, hats or gloves!

Guten Abend from sunny Tasmania. :P

Return to “Main Room”