Boat ajustments

All things general in here
screwit

Re: Boat ajustments

Postby screwit » 19 Jan 2012, 11:15

Have been back at it for the last couple of days now, sump has been done I have put a baffle with 2 gates in it and bolted to the engine, shaft has been shortened and fitted, motor is bolted in, throttle and dog clutch handle have been moved back 75mm, elecs now sorted, front floor has been fitted .
I am now going to fit the rear floors and remount the front seat base 100mm back from where it was. battery will need to be moved as well. I will look at cutting the side floors so I can get them out with out removing the front seat and bulkhead.
With a bit of luck I may be testing her tomorrow arvo if weather is good!!!!!!

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 19 Jan 2012, 14:38

Way to go Ross. Hope that it all goes well
Nick

rayza1

Postby rayza1 » 19 Jan 2012, 17:38

Reading that brings back all sorts of memories, good luck with it all. Ray

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 19 Jan 2012, 20:47

Dropped in on Ross this arvo and had a look at the progress on Screwit. All going very well and after looking at Ross's other projects (rods, etc), I have no doubt Screwit will run well. Just sorry I can't be there tomorrow/Saturday Ross.

screwit

Postby screwit » 21 Jan 2012, 16:43

All done, motor started and steering sorted out, changed the way the engine lid locks down, and made another stainless tray to catch any oil that may drip from the dog clutch seal and made a curved stainless pan to tranverse the timber frame between the two oil trays about 90mm wide.
Have moved the battery from level with the front of engine to level with the rear of engine. Have putt in a steel angle brace to stiffen the skeg as you could flex the skeg when tightening the prop. There is not more I can do to move any more waigth to the rear of the boat. The only thing I am thinking of moveing later is the fin under the boat as this was installed before the first engine shift and is about 10 " from being under the flywheel witch is the normal postion. The boat has lost about one sheet of ply [8x4] in weight with the inside panels gone.
Will go to swap meet tomorrow morning at bendigo and then if the wind drops test her out.

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 21 Jan 2012, 21:48

Hi Ross,
What swap meet in Bendigo? Would love to go to a swap meet now that I am chasing parts. Let me know the details if you get this post in time.
Regards
Nick

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 21 Jan 2012, 23:02

sounds like youve been busy ross. i look forward to seeing how the changes effect the boat.
nick the swap meet is held by the centre state rodders im pretty sure. the location is at the harness racing club. located on mcivor highway. this is also the road that goes from heathcote to bendigo so its pretty easy to find. the club in on the right as you leave bendigo or on the left if you are heading from heathcote. get there early as there is usually some good stuff, not so much bric a brac like allot of swap meets these days
brian

NPeth

Postby NPeth » 21 Jan 2012, 23:32

Thanks Brian

screwit

Postby screwit » 22 Jan 2012, 16:38

Just tested the boat, very happy with the plane and turning, dont get wet when turning, and will still spin on the spott!!! Only had 20lts in the tank and it will be diferent with 60lts in the tank and passengers, motor was getting warm but I know the pump needs to be bigger and possable head gasket
falt but there is a new engine coming, the rudder may need sone change as the steering is heavy.
Ross

screwit

Postby screwit » 27 Jan 2012, 19:13

Fitted another rudder and a bigger water pump and took it out for a test. I think the temp gauge is not reading the true temp as the discharge copper pipe was all most abel to be touched by my hand when running.
Steering is nice and light now and great to drive.
Ross

Return to “Main Room”