What are you bringing?

All things general in here
bauchy

What are you bringing?

Postby bauchy » 31 Jul 2011, 21:50

well as it says above what are you bringing? to nerrandera that is!!

i know a few of us have projects that are underway and are expecting to make nerrandera. today i flipped a coin between my original clinker and the skiff. The clinker won so it was dragged out from the tarps and dragged across town where i will get stuck into it.

Seeing as ive got a choice of engines ive decided ill be running a holden v8 which will provide plenty of mumbo and noise. first problem i discovered was the hump in the sump is in the wrong spot so thats the first problem to solve. Ill be removing the deck that i installed almost 3 years ago when i built the boat.

The final plan for the boat is going to be:

rear mount holden stroker with soft clutch for some nice easy trouble free boating.
new deck which will have a hatch for the engine so when we are skiing we dont have to climb over a hot rear mount engine.
new bucket seats up front for driver and observer and a new wrap around rear loungue in the middle of the boat.

Ive had this boat for abit over 5 years now so its probably time to finish it and finally drag it up the road for nerrandera.

So what are you guys bringing? lets get motivated before its here and all we are doing is drinking beer

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... dboat3.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... dboat2.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii18 ... 0605-1.jpg

rayza1

Re: What are you bringing?

Postby rayza1 » 01 Aug 2011, 00:20

Looks great Brian, wish i had your motivation. Taurus is on the back burner for a while, the missus and i are looking for a new house, something big enough to move in together so my place and hers are being sold and a new place is being sought, something modest like 5 or 6 bedroom on a 1000 square block so there's room for kids, grand kids etc. oh and a 12 x 6 m shed/workshop for me!! So at least for this year it will be old faithful, allbeit with a brand new mild head fitted since the Yarra cruise. Will go for a shakedown at Pykes in a couple of weeks. cheers Ray

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 01 Aug 2011, 07:15

Thats great news ray. I dont have motivation, im just sick of the boat sitting there unfinished when ive spent so much cash and time on it. Will be good to see the worry at nerrandera with a new head. Its a good fun boat

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 01 Aug 2011, 07:16

Thats great news ray. I dont have motivation, im just sick of the boat sitting there unfinished when ive spent so much cash and time on it. Will be good to see the worry at nerrandera with a new head. Its a good fun boat

hookster

Postby hookster » 01 Aug 2011, 07:31

Jesus Bauchy I looked at the first two photos and thought "How the hell is that going to be ready for Nerrandera?" (I nearly fell out of my car actually!) Then I saw the last photo...good onya!

I'm ebaying like buggery at the moment for mine...so far I have sourced a 4 barrel manifold, hopefully will have a 600 holley soon, got to get the trailer blasted and painted or powdercoated, varnish the hull, flip it back over and put it on the trailer, insert motor...oh my god that'll do for now I'm having a brain explosion already.

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 01 Aug 2011, 08:41

Hahaha u better get into it jon. They dont do them selfs unfortunatly. Get some pics up so we can see. Everyone loves pics

Darren

Postby Darren » 02 Aug 2011, 19:45

I'm bringing Scrubcat or I'm not coming (from embarrassment)
Darren

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 02 Aug 2011, 20:13

haha thats the spirit darren, surely you must have another boat tucked away somewhere

DaveD

Postby DaveD » 02 Aug 2011, 20:23

Darren has several tucked away or should I say stacked but I'd definitely like to see Scrubcat on the water.
Dave

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 02 Aug 2011, 21:17

is there any pics of scrubcat?? dont think ive seen it

Return to “Main Room”