New Boat

All things general in here
bootlegger

Re: New Boat

Postby bootlegger » 13 Oct 2010, 18:02

I got the bottom all done and started to put the paint on when we had a massive storm. Even though I was under cover the rain just got all over everything. Ive given up getting the boat to the festival. It needed to be painted today so I could roll it over tommorrow. Ah well gave it a good shot. Ill keep going with it now till its done.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 14 Oct 2010, 06:30

Well Dave, no-one can question your dedication and determination. A damned good effort. I'm sure you will find something else to take along, although Alfra probably would have been a show stopper. There's always 2012.

All the best with the festival. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it this year and I'm nervous about that because I know what happened last time I missed the Monday on the Hawkesbury after the festival - it was a stand-out day with boats and spectators. Life's a bitch!

Greg

Nick

Postby Nick » 19 Oct 2010, 18:59

A few update pitures of Alfra
These were taken last Thursday

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 07 Nov 2010, 00:17

Just spent the last couple of days on the boat. I got the hull pretty much finished inside and painted the bilge.
Today I concentrated on getting the deck back on.
I should have bought shares in a copper mine with all the copper nails this thing has swallowed.
Initially I was going to redo the deck with a covering board like the american boats. I even bought the red cedar to do it.
I ended up putting the original deck back on the way it was from new. Its plain with the boards all laid longways but at the end of the day its a resto not a new build.
There is this quote in a corvette resto book.
"restore things the way they were not the way you would like them to be". "
Maybe I have spent too long at the maritime museum.

bauchy

Postby bauchy » 07 Nov 2010, 20:18

looks good dave. did u decide which engine you are going to use??
going to be a stunner when its complete

Nick

Postby Nick » 31 Dec 2010, 13:20

A few progress shotsImage
SDIM09421 by nickluker2000, on Flickr

SDIM0952 by nickluker2000, on Flickr

SDIM0937 by nickluker2000, on Flickr

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 03 Mar 2011, 21:16

Been making steady progress on the hull. Over the last couple of months I have finished stripping all the little parts. Also dismantled all the parts of the cabin and the engine hatch. The hatch frame is now rebuilt and ready to put the planking back on.
The big news is after varnishing all the inside of the cabin roof it was after twelve months finally reunited with the hull.
there is still heaps to do but the boat is really coming along.
I'm hoping to launch her around easter but I still haven't got the engine together for it.

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 19 Mar 2011, 18:17

I've been making real progress on the hull. The cabin is done. I made all the new beading for the glass. Today I made the little hatch to allow access to remove the engine. Hopefully next week she will start getting some varnish on. Next project is the engine. I'm hoping to launch the boat easter.

Greg
Creator

Postby Greg » 20 Mar 2011, 21:06

Great news on the progress Dave. I keep threatening to come and have a look - might just have to do it ;)

Greg

bootlegger

Postby bootlegger » 21 Mar 2011, 08:32

No worries greg. Just make sure you bring your work clothes. :P

Return to “Main Room”